Jr. Davis Construction Company Inc. builds roads, bridges and highways that connect our communities! We are seeking passionate individuals eager to apply their skills to take their career to the next level. These individuals will be responsible for to build and construct bridges. You will be expected to assist in the general operation of each job site. JDC is one of the largest heavy highway and civil construction firms in the state with over 900 employees, while still retaining a family business atmosphere. We’ll respect your hard work and treat you like family.
- Driving Pile
- Building wood and metal forms.
- Erection and demolition of all forms.
- Setting and tying steel.
- Pouring and finishing concrete.
- Set up and maintenance of erosion control.
- Loading and unloading of materials.
- Shoveling dirt, gravel, and asphalt.
- General clean up around job site.
- Checking and maintaining grade stakes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 3+ recent years’ experience working as a Bridge Carpenter.
- Valid Driver license and reliable transportation.
- Must have a safety first attitude. Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures is required
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
Knowledge & Skills:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- All work is performed outside in heat, cold, and inclement weather.
- Exposure to loud noises, fumes, odors, gasses, dusts, etc.
- Work in close proximity to heavy traffic.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue
- Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination
- Frequently lifts and/or moves objects weighing up to 50 pounds, and occasionally objects weighing more than 50 pounds
- Duties may require working from heights such as bridge beams or bridge caps.
Join the Team! At JDC, we believe that our employees are the reason for our success. JDC provides rewarding and challenging careers, encourages professional growth and strives to help each employee achieve their full potential.
Company Benefits: We don’t just want to tell employees we care about them; we show it. That’s why we offer a comprehensive and competitive package to our employees:
- Competitive pay rates
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Voluntary life
- Supplemental insurances
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- On-the-job training and skill development
- Complementary Wellness Clinic services
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!
At JDC, we promote a drug-free workplace environment and we pride ourselves on being an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.