Join our fast-growing family of companies! Open Gates Group is an entrepreneurial family of companies located near Kalona, Iowa that supports the growth and manufacturing of local, organic dairy products. Our companies help source, produce, sell & transport Midwestern products nationwide.
Awesome Refrigerated Transit of Iowa is one of our 10 entrepreneurial companies. It was created to provide reliable transportation for our dairy products but now serves dozens of other companies additionally through brokerage, logistics, warehousing and cross-docking services. We’re looking for a Freight Logistics Coordinator to join our team!
Our Freight Logistics Coordinator is responsible for managing and developing customer and carrier relationships by supporting new and existing clients, coordinating deliveries and negotiating rates with carriers. This position coordinates the movement of goods and serves as the primary point of contact for any issue that may occur with the load. The Freight Logistics Coordinator oversees truckload coverage, account management, troubleshooting, and all dispatch functions. This position requires being available by phone some evenings and/or weekends on a rotating shift.
What you will do:
- Schedule loads while ensuring compliance of Federal, State and location regulations.
- Dispatch drivers based on customer needs and HOS limitations.
- Build relationships with carriers by soliciting capacity of truck and freight, meeting cost/revenue expectations for each customer.
- Create loads, set appointments for broker freight, track and trace loads and troubleshoot problems that may occur.
- Solicit new and existing customers for freight.
- Use Load Boards to find backhauls.
- Source carriers, negotiate rates and sell freight to carriers.
- Track shipments and provide updates to the customers daily.
- Generate business leads.
- Participate in scheduling trucks each week.
- Additional duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- High School diploma; Degree in Transportation Management, Logistics, Business or related field preferred.
- 2+ years experience in brokerage and transportation.
- Dispatch experience highly desired.
- Solid understanding of all federal, state, local laws and DOT regulations pertaining to drivers and the movement of goods.
- Strong telephone, written/verbal communication, and negotiation skills.
- Strong customer service skills and able to problem solve, follow up, and see projects through.
- Able to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers and management).
- Strong time management skills and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- PC based computer skills with proficiency in Google Docs and Microsoft Office.
- Highly motivated and positive attitude.
- Passion and alignment with our mission, vision & operating principles
- Passion for working in a values based company in alignment with a learning organization.
- Desire to own decisions and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Willingness to continually embrace personal professional development.
- Must be available by phone some evenings and/or weekends on rotating shifts.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, STD & LTD after 60 days of employment.
- Matching 401k after 6 months
- Benefit Bonus/Stipend
- Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), & Birthday PTO
- Opportunity for advancement!
- Discounted employee purchases!
- Unique, entrepreneurial culture!
Our Mission and Guiding Principles:
We successfully create value and enhance lives by attending to how we do business!
We Treat People Right We Think Like Entrepreneurs We Offer a Great Place to Work We Build Strong Relationships We Create a Place to Learn & Improve Life in Our Community
Check out our website and apply today! https://www.opengatesgroup.com/careers/