Marketing Communications Director
We seek an experienced Marketing Communications Director to lead all aspects of Parler's PR, communications, and brand strategy in alignment with our broader company goals. Reporting to the CMO, you'll work closely with the executive team to craft a cohesive, consumer-facing narrative and drive its delivery.
If you're passionate about Defi, NFTs, social media platforms, enjoy challenging the status quo, and are fluent in technology communications – then this is the role for you. You are a player and a coach, owning and executing our media strategy by building and fostering strong relationships with critical industry writers, reporters, and correspondents. Additionally, you will manage a small team of communications professionals, including events, social media, and design to extend Parler's prominence in the public sphere.
- Develop and execute a highly effective media strategy to better tell Parler's story with relevant media and stakeholders.
- Lead pitching of proactive news stories to influential global media outlets.
- Seek out thought leadership opportunities, including speaking engagements to promote Parler's prominence in our space.
- Upskill, expand, and train a broader base of Parler spokespeople.
- Develop and manage internal and external communications strategy around issues and sensitivities, including positioning statements and reputation management.
- Monitor trends, opportunities, and stories across the globe in the blockchain and social media industries.
- As applicable, lead development and dissemination of press releases and Q&A preparation.
- Manage inquiries from the press, and related organizations.
- Develop rapid yet thorough response plans to safeguard Parler’s reputation.
- Provide strategic support for Parler-owned social media programs focused on engaging audiences to drive new user acquisition and engagement.
- Provide strategic support for Parler's events strategy, such as owned events and industry-sponsored events to drive brand awareness.
- Work closely with the product team to refresh style guides, brand guidelines, brand vision, and value proposition for the short and long term.
- Planning and execution of all communications and media actions on all channels, including online and social media.
- Drive a clear and powerful brand message, considering industry trends, competitive positioning, and corporate strategy.
- Track messaging and audience response across channels.
- Develop robust, customized messaging based on specific segments and buyer personas within Parler's target markets.
- Assist in market/consumer research to deeply understand our different audiences' demographics, psychographics, and buying behaviors by product line.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of Degree and relevant experience
- 7-10 years of media relations/public relations experience in blockchain, social media, or related industry.
- Proven success in developing and executing marquis media relations programs.
- Proven superior writing skills across a range of mediums (press releases, reporter pitches, presentation scripts).
- Excellent communications, writing, people management, and project management skills.