Cenikor Foundation is a non-profit organization and one of the largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. Four Winds Recovery Center has recently joined Cenikor Foundation in its mission to serve the community in Farmington by opening a new withdrawal management and detoxification program! We are currently seeking Registered Nurses for full time, part time, and PRN positions. We are now offering a $3,000 sign on bonus for full time positions and $1,500 for part time positions.
Relocation packages are available to candidates who qualify.
Full Time: Monday - Friday 3p - 11p & Monday - Friday 11p - 7a
Part Time: Saturday - Sunday 7a - 7p & Saturday - Sunday 7p - 7a
PRN: As needed
The RN is responsible for working closely with nursing, program and clinical staff to provide health services and professional nursing care for all clients and assist with admissions process.
- Provide health services and professional nursing care for clients, including routine treatment per procedure or as prescribed. Coordinate client care with nurse manager and/or physician supervision.
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques and monitor for compliance.
- Act as charge nurse in absence of RN Manager, including handling client and facility issues and communicating with appropriate management/physician as necessary.
- Assist with screening new clients for appropriateness for admission including TB screening.
- Assist with obtaining medical history information from clients and family members at time of admission.
- Attend all required in-services and training per DSHS guidelines.
- Conduct audit and reconcile home medications at every admission.
- Maintain processes with insurance department to ensure quality length of stay and maximize revenue.
- Receive, update and pass on shift report per standards and timeframes as required
- Create medication administration records (MARs) for patient medication protocols and initiate protocols by administering the first dose of medication for all protocols
- Oversee routine laboratory work, such as urinalysis and maintain accurate records of specimens.
- Observe clients, record significant conditions and reactions, and notifies physician, nursing supervisor, and facility director of issues as appropriate.
- Monitor vital signs upon admission, during treatment and upon discharge.
- Maintain patient records by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information utilizing appropriate computer software for reporting and appropriate billing and authorization purposes.
- Develop medical components of treatment plan and completes nursing assessments. Track infections, STD’s and positive VDRL, HIV, verifying or referring for treatment.
- Administer specified medication, and notes time and amount on patients’ charts. Attend staff meetings on clients’ progress.
- Administer CPR in emergency situations.
- Adhere strictly to HIPAA regulations in regards to client confidentiality. Maintain strict confidentiality on all Foundation matters and refer questionable issues to your supervisor.
- Work with insurance billing department to actively manager 3rd party payor clients to ensure quality care and fiscal responsibility.
- Work in conjunction with all facility staff to facilitate a safe environment for client recovery.
- Serve as back up for LVN’s and as back-up for admissions after scheduled hours as needed.
- Uphold the core principles of Cenikor’s culture and help create a positive working environment for all team members.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the non-exempt functions as defined in this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of pharmacology as it relates to individuals with substance abuse and mental health disorders.
- Experienced in providing medical care to a diverse population.
- Excellent assessment and communication skills.
- Possesses good time management skills needed to meet aggressive deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Patience, perseverance, and resilience in a challenging environment.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor’s Culture:
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others for success
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate of an accredited practical nursing program
- Minimum of one (1) year nursing experience (preferred)
- SUD treatment experience (preferred)
- Experience providing care for individuals with alcohol and substance abuse, mental health and chemical dependency treatment (preferred)
- Experience with CMBHS or other electronic health record system (preferred)
- Current RN licensure (preferred)
- Current LPN licensure (required)
- Current certification in CPR and First Aid
- Drug Free Workplace
- Equal Opportunity Employer