Be a part of our Northwest Water Systems Family and join the drinking water industry!
Standard duties include the daily management and operation of small public water systems. Collecting water samples, troubleshooting, and recording data in the field are key tasks. This position involves both working alone and interaction with other team members and clients. The successful candidate is self-motivated and task orientated.
This position has a flex schedule which you may vary as needed.
This position has significant growth and professional development opportunities in a wide range of directions (design, construction, leak detection, cross connection, training, etc).
We have openings in much of the State of Washington (especially West and South Sound region). Occasional travel to the Port Orchard office is required.
Position requirements include but are not limited to:
• Valid Washington State Drivers License, including the ability to be insured by NWS for driving purposes.
• Possession of, or the ability to obtain (with NWS training) a valid Water Distribution Manager Level 1 certification
• Handle water treatment system chemicals (mostly bleach) and supplies.
• Lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Strong communication skills including phone and email.
• Work with basic computer programs. Daily input of required water system data, tasks, water quality and time tracking.
• Work independently and maintain efficient schedule.
• Participatee in a rotating on-call schedule
• Collect water quality samples using accurate procedures
• Accurate operation and use of field test kits to measure applicable water quality parameters.
- Understand and comply with general safety practices
- Ability to troubleshoot
• Read and understand basic water system mapping, system layout and operations
• Other duties as assigned.
We are a team of great people who are really nice and enjoy working together. We are looking for individuals who are not only good at what they do, but also lift up and support others.