Children’s Health Defense (CHD) is a litigation advocacy organization dedicated to protecting child health, ending the epidemic of children’s chronic health conditions by eliminating harmful environmental exposures, holding those responsible accountable, and establishing safeguards. Guided by science, we are tackling big pharma, holding big industry accountable at an unprecedented scale, and establishing safeguards to make a safer environment for children. We share our discoveries about harmful environmental exposures with the public and nurture a culture of leadership in communities. Our programs and resources cultivate science literacy and build a foundation of collaborative problem-solving among our next generation of leaders, scientists, physicians, citizens, and stewards. Working both nationally and internationally, our collaborative approach engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners.
The Defender seeks passionate writers/reporters with a graduate degree in the sciences to work with The Defender’s senior science editor to develop/pitch story ideas. Reporters must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and produce content of varying depths and complexity that will engage and educate our readership.
- Graduate degree in a scientific field
- 3+ years experience working as a reporter or editor (writing samples will be required for consideration)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal skills with a strong knowledge of AP Stylebook
- Experience using G Suite
- Ability to prioritize
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Hard-working and excellent team player
- A deep sense of integrity and commitment to accuracy
- Be open to feedback
- Be available to communicate throughout the workday