Skillwork is currently seeking a Traveling Maintenance Technician to join our team! Find freedom and flexibility in your work, travel the country, and learn new skillsets working with new companies.
Medical, dental, PTO and 401k options provided for all employees. We also offer a per diem, housing, and travel compensation.
"This position has responsibilities to maintain, troubleshoot and repair a variety of electrical and mechanical equipment in a food processing environment. This position requires proficiency in multiple skill clusters, such as electrical controls, fluid power, mechanical systems, welding, fabrication and manufacturing processes. This person will perform medium to high-level machine systems troubleshooting and repair, and provide technical support for all phases of the operation. This work will be of average to considerable difficulty in the accomplishment of a variety of mechanical maintenance actions."
- Ability to work various shifts / overtime / days per week.
- 2-3 years of Mechanical System Maintenance & Troubleshooting Experience.
- Knowledge of mechanical/electrical components including shafts, bearings, gear boxes, pumps, motors, drives, 3 phase power
- Proficient with conveyor systems
- Strong in hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Must be able to read and interpret both electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Fully computer literate
- Automation and controls troubleshooting and problem solving ability with practical, mechanical, & electrical aptitude
- Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC's
- Educationally certified through a tech/trade school beyond High School