Distribution Center Associate
- Read and follow picking sequence
- Pull picking cart throughout the process
- Pack into appropriate box
- Pack items neatly in the box
- Place shipping label on box
- Place proper amount of paper dunnage in box
- Ensure the box looks neat
- Unload containers
- Inspect product
- Receive purchase orders
- Stock Shelves
- Operate vehicles and equipment safely
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to write legibly, read and identify merchandise. The individual must perform the above functions as well as the functions of The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in English.
- Professional telephone etiquette
- Professional personal appearance
- Enthusiastic and energetic customer service attitude
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to work a variable schedule on occasion, including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends
- Ladder climbing, very narrow aisles
- Lifting up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Bending, twisting, reaching, pushing, pulling, and performing repetitive motions
- Standing and walking for up to 2 hours in a row
- Moving large quantities of merchandise with carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other moving equipment.
- Kneels on a frequent/repeated basis’ remains in a kneeling position for up to 5 minutes at a time.
- Reaches on a frequent/repeated basis; reaches above, below and at shoulder height levels to retrieve, place, or sort objects weighing in excess of 25 pounds.
- General warehouse conditions.
- Cold/hot conditions (beyond general warehouse) when working inside a truck.
- Cold conditions inside warehouse during winter months 55-60 degrees.
- Hot conditions inside warehouse during summer months (no air conditioning).
- Ensure that machines are producing quality products by managing periodic checks on output.
- Troubleshoot problems during machine operation.
- Reaching/grasping/manipulating all equipment in a safe and proper manner (e.g. towmotor, dolly and pallets).
- Reaching/grasping/manipulating all merchandise (e.g. boxes).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Equal Opportunity Employer: As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative