Cenikor is a non-profit organization and one of the largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. We are currently seeking a Business Development Manager for our Waco, Texas Facility.
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
The Business Development Manager (BDM – I) is responsible for business development marketing programs to constituents who would serve as referral sources for potential clients to Cenikor. Referral sources may include, but are not limited to: substance abuse centers, mental health facilities, private clinicians, physicians, hospitals, clergy, attorneys, CPS, probation and networking groups to ensure program utilization goals are achieved. Additionally, the Business Development Manager (BDM – II) will provide specialized focus on insurance carriers/payers, and individual providers resulting in growth of insurance client volumes. Acts as a liaison between Cenikor and referral sources to ensure ease in referral, admission, progress reporting and discharge planning.
- Develop and maintain relationships within assigned territory, coordinated with Director of Business Development, to ensure appropriate mix of insurance and state-funded clients.
- Assist Director of Business Development develop relationships with insurance companies, referring providers and EAP programs to aid in stabilizing incoming referral volumes.
- Conduct presentations with judges, attorneys, physicians, payers, probation and parole departments, Department of Human Services, shelters, hospitals and other drug treatment facilities with clients.
- Document contacts weekly as required in the Customer Relationship Management system (e.g., Salesforce), and report out via other methods as requested.
- Track and report activities, contacts, success rates and outcomes for referral partners.
- Participate in regional and team-wide strategic planning activities, under the direction of Director of Business Development / Facility Director(s), and other Cenikor Leadership, to maximize business development efforts.
- Seek-out opportunities to participate in health fairs, rallies, and conferences where Cenikor’s services can be showcased to referral sources.
- Act as a community resource to referral partners.
- Work closely with Director of Business Development / Facility Director(s), and other Cenikor Leadership to uphold the core principles of Cenikor’s culture.
- Travel throughout assigned geographic region presenting Cenikor Foundation’s continuum of care.
- Present in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all client and Foundation matters and refer questionable issues to your supervisor.
- Required to actively maintain facility office hours at designated location with assigned office hours. Required office hours may change based on business needs.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the exempt functions as defined in this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of drug and alcohol treatment programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and possess intrinsic motivation.
- Ability to influence the utilization of Cenikor’s services using effective sales techniques and knowledge of treatment needs and practices.
- Skilled customer service provider, presenter, and public speaker.
- Ability to think strategically to solve problems and achieve goals.
- Embrace diversity and display ability to interact effectively with various types of people.
- Ability to present a professional, positive image that reflects well on the organization.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software required, including specific MS Outlook calendar experience.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor’s Culture:
o Demonstrate “mission of service” to our clients
o Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
o Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals
o Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including appropriate client boundaries
o Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others for success
- Bachelor Degree preferred in business, marketing or with clinical licensure.
- Minimum of Three (3) years of business development experience, recovery or healthcare sales preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce software preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License required
- EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE