Join our fast-growing family of companies! Open Gates Group is an entrepreneurial family of companies located near Kalona, Iowa that support the growth of local, organic dairy products. Our products are minimally processed and come straight from Midwest family farms surrounding our creamery. We are currently seeking a Bulk Milk Receiving Operator to join our team!
The Bulk Milk Receiving Operator is responsible for unloading trucks of raw milk, separating, and transferring it into tanks/trucks by completing manual hose hookups from the truck to the tank. Standard shift hours are 2pm-10pm, Monday-Friday. Some rotational weekend and holiday work may be required.
What you will do:
- Unload trucks of raw milk and transfer it into holding tanks.
- Perform documented Quality Tests on the raw milk in accordance to regulatory guidelines prior to unloading.
- Operate milk separation equipment.
- Track milk loads and record results.
- Assist in transporting milk to company facilities.
- Consistently maintain a clean work area.
- Stay current with required Milk Receiving equipment technology.
- Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures.
- Perform additional duties necessary to make the business successful.
- Flexible hours including evenings and rotational weekends are required.
What you will need:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be able to work the scheduled shift, including daily overtime or overtime outside of your regular scheduled hours as required (more than 40 hours per week).
- Versatile and able to be cross-trained in various Bulk Milk Receiving roles.
- Clean driving record. Ability to obtain a CDL-A driver's license and tanker endorsement preferred.
- Strong communication skills, specifically legible handwriting.
- Ability to read and record instrument data in English with strong attention to detail.
- Willing and able to adhere to all safety standards and wear all necessary personal protective equipment such as safety shoes, safety glasses, hair/beard net and gloves when required.
- Able to lift, move, push, pull 55 lbs on a regular basis.
- Able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including: standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, STD & LTD after 60 days of employment. x
- Matching 401k after 1-year
- Benefit Bonus/Stipend
- Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), & Birthday PTO
- Opportunity for advancement!
- Discounted employee purchases!
- Unique, entrepreneurial culture!
Our Mission and Guiding Principles:
We successfully create value and enhance lives by attending to how we do business!
We Treat People Right We Think Like Entrepreneurs We Offer a Great Place to Work We Build Strong Relationships We Create a Place to Learn & Improve Life in Our Community
Check out our website (www.opengatesgroup.com) and send us your resume. If you have a passion for problem solving with a servant-minded attitude, join our team!