What we are not: a typical Walmart of the HVAC industry. What we are: a botique, high end HVAC company, with cutting edge technologies to more efficiently heat and cool custom or historical homes and businesses. We travel the country working with builders, designers and architects to provide above and beyond equipment, sales and service. Bring your technical knowledge, outstanding work effort and love for what you do to join a team making a difference in esthetics, air quality and HVAC design. Unlimited potential for growth as we expand and grow industry leading teams!
Title: HVAC Technician Job Type: Full Time
Reports To: Operations Manager Location: Keller, TX
Department: Operations Salary: $25 - $35/hour +Commission
Responsible for inspecting, diagnosing, and repairing our customers’ heating, cooling, and ventilation systems. Candidates should have extensive experience handling, installing, and repairing HVAC equipment, and be comfortable working with little to no supervision.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
The principle duties and responsibilities of the Service Technician consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Travel to homes and businesses daily as scheduled
- Install new heating, cooling, and ventilation systems or components
- Inspect current HVAC systems for effectiveness and safety and diagnose issues
- Perform preventative maintenance on HVAC systems to increase longevity
- Conduct performance tests with specialized tools
- Troubleshoot current HVAC system issues including traditional a/c equipment as well as small density high velocity systems, inverters, and heat pump systems.
- Repair damaged HVAC systems
- Keep records of customer appointments and payment transactions including invoices
- Maintain accurate inventory of all equipment and HVAC resources
- Receive all materials and equipment required for each job, confirm and load them into company vehicle
- Provide necessary support to other team members to be able to complete tasks on time as instructed by management
- Ensure all paperwork needed for each job is accurately filled out
- Carry out readings on machines with the full understanding of the implication of such readings
- Ensure assigned company vehicle is kept clean and maintained with oil change every 3,000 miles [company expensed.]
- Perform any other duty that may be directed by management
- 2-5 years of HVAC installation
- Certification through the Environmental Protection Agency to handle refrigerants required
- Certification or associate degree from an HVAC program at a technical school preferred
- Strong verbal communication skills, ability to explain complex HVAC issues with customers in a way they understand
- Critical-thinker, problem-solver
- Must hold state driver’s license
- Must be punctual and adhere to a daily schedule with multiple appointments in different locations
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
- Must demonstrate proficient sheet metal skills.
- Specialized certifications (i.e. NATE) will be given additional compensation consideration
- WORKING CONDITIONS:
- This person will work on various job sites with varying conditions. Must be able to work evenings and overtime if required. Must have ability to climb, stoop, balance and/or kneel continually in extreme heat. Travel required. We are not a 24/7 on call shop. We value work/life balance.