Our client located in Hebron, IL is looking for a Tool Room Technician to join their team! In this position, you will mold changeovers and perform repairs by determining the part defect, root cause and implementing appropriate corrective action.
Hours: M-F | 8:00am - 4:00pm
Tool Room Technician Responsibilities:
- Mold changeovers and repairs determining part defect, root cause and implementing appropriate corrective action.
- Preventative maintenance of injection molds by performing scheduled mold inspection which includes the disassembly, cleaning, and reassembly of intricate mold tooling.
- Manage spare mold tooling parts inventory. Verify mold tooling dimensional conformance to print tolerances using component and reliable measurement techniques.
- Skillfully operate and manufacture custom parts using a mill, lathe, grinder, and other shop equipment. Manage mold tooling prints. Document in detail work performed on mold tooling maintenance.
- Work closely with setup technicians and operators to ensure proper operation of equipment.
- Ensure good housekeeping.
- Maintain compliance with ISO 9001, IATF 16949, and ISO 14001 and Safety Policies/Standards.
Tool Room Technician Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED/HS.
- 5 years manufacturing & tooling experience
- Excellent math skills (Adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, geometry, decimals).
- Journey-level status or equivalent experience is a plus.
- Experience and/or education and demonstrated ability to read and interpret blueprints and precision gauges.
- Must work consistently within +/- .0001 tolerances.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written)
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work within a team
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Holiday Pay (6 Days Observed)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Vision/Eyewear Plan
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Reimbursement
- Short-Term Disability
- Referral Bonus Opportunity
Ways to Apply for this Tool Room Technician position:
- Apply on this post
- Apply on our website ExpressHires.com
- Email Kelly at [email protected]
- Call Kelly at 815-788-8556
- Visit our office at 580 E Terra Cotta Ave. Crystal Lake, IL 60014