Jr. Davis Construction Company Inc. builds roads, bridges and highways that connect our communities! We are seeking passionate individuals eager to apply their skills to take their career to the next level. Your job responsibilities includes a skilled individual who will be involved with the safe and efficient operation of rollers and compactors to bring asphalt, soils and aggregate within compaction specifications. JDC is one of the largest heavy highway and civil construction firms in the state with over 900 employees, while still retaining a family business atmosphere. We’ll respect your hard work and treat you like family.
- Distribute, break down, compress and give a finished surface to cooling asphalt.
- Drives machine in overlapping passes over surfaces to be compacted, rolling subgrade and asphalt to desired compaction and smoothness.
- Determines speed and direction of machine based on knowledge of compressibility of material under changing temperatures.
- Assist in the placement, moving and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones and other traffic control devices if needed
- Maintain clean work area by disposing of trash and debris properly.
- Follow all safety requirements imposed by the company.
- Engage in manual labor work when needed.
- Operate machinery with safety.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Report mechanical problems to a supervisor and shop personnel in a timely manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 3 recent years’ experience asphalt industry/asphalt roller/operator.
- Must have a safety first attitude. Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures is required.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
Knowledge & Skills:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Frequently lifts and/or moves objects weighing up to 50 pounds, and occasionally objects weighing more than 50 pounds.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions. Regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high asphalt levels of noise and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites such as, grease, gasoline, diesel fuel and hot asphalt mix.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue.
- Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination.
Join the Team! At JDC, we believe that our employees are the reason for our success. JDC provides rewarding and challenging careers, encourages professional growth and strives to help each employee achieve their full potential.
Company Benefits: We don’t just want to tell employees we care about them; we show it. That’s why we offer a comprehensive and competitive package to our employees:
- Competitive pay rates
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Voluntary life
- Supplemental insurances
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- On-the-job training and skill development
- Complementary Wellness Clinic services
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!
At JDC, we promote a drug-free workplace environment and we pride ourselves on being an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.