According to job orders or blueprints, fabricates and assembles structural metal products to create pieces of items designed for truck beds
• Plans, lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs and repairs sheet metal parts, and products, utilizing knowledge of working characteristics of metallic materials, machining, and layout techniques using hand tools, power tools, and equipment
• Reads and interprets tape measure, sketches, or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of fabricating, assembling, and installing sheet metal products
• Selects gauge and type of sheet metal, such as galvanized iron, steel or aluminum according to product specifications
• Sets up and operates fabricating machines, such as shears, brakes, presses, forming rolls, and routers, to cut, bend, block and form, or straighten materials.
• Demonstrated ability in the comprehension of and practical application of workmanship standards, including checking finished weld product for accuracy