REMOTE WORK! Do not respond until you have read the whole job posting.
We are looking for a Motion Graphics Designer/Animator for an educational physics video series. The topic is Einstein's Special Relativity theory.
The screenwriting, filming, and editing is all done by our local team. Animation is where the help of creative minds is needed to break down and visualize concepts of physics into easy-to-understand videos using 2D, 2.5D, and occasionally 3D graphics.
To date we have released 6+ episodes which should be referenced by searching YouTube for the channel "Ask Us Whatever", or by following the link below:
For additional reference, see our website, where you will find blog-style breakdowns of each episode with stills of the animations and equations.
There is a certain style/look that the animator must conform to (we will provide details), but experimentations and creative ways of illustration are encouraged. Guidance will range from general to specific, and a good candidate needs to be a self-driven character. (This is not a generic job offering, I REALLY mean self-driven!!!). We are looking for candidates who put in an all-out effort and do not resort to cheap shortcuts when it comes to quality and turnaround time.
We use Adobe After Effects for all of the EQUATIONS and 2D/2.5D ANIMATIONS. Blender is used for supplemental 3D ANIMATIONS. All assembly is done in Adobe Premiere Pro.
Software we use:
• Premiere Pro
• After Effects
Scope of work:
• After Effects comps and any 3D work must be in 4K. Your computer / graphics card must be fast enough!
• Script with notes will be provided and sections assigned for animation.
• Episode run times range between 5-20 min, averaging at 10 minutes long. You will have to focus on select segments of the episode. We will come up with plan to share the workload among team members.
• You will need to create smooth and beautiful animations of EQUATIONS
• You will create visualizations and break down concepts in creative ways.
• Thinking outside the box is welcome to compliment the dialogue/narration.
We will require 4K After Effects comps/Premiere Pro project as final deliverables and 1080p “work progress” pre-visualization exports to monitor progress few times a week. In-project organizational skills (i.e., layer naming, order, clean assets management) are a paramount requirement. The compensation is per hour.
This is an ongoing project with many episodes ahead. Ideally, we would build a great relationship and make this collaboration a long-term one. We have a few animators onboard already, and we are looking to expand our team to produce even more quality content at a faster pace.