We’re hiring- 3rd Shift Production!
Join our fast-growing family of companies! Open Gates Group is an entrepreneurial family of companies located near Kalona, Iowa that support the growth of local, organic dairy products. Our products are minimally processed and come straight from Midwest family farms surrounding our creamery. We are currently seeking a 3rd Shift Production Team Member to join our team at Farmers Creamery!
What you will do:
Our 3rd Shift Production Team Members are responsible for setting up and operating milk-processing equipment to process and pasteurize milk, cream and other dairy products. Primary duties include, but not limited to, manual and automated cleaning/sanitizing of production equipment and work area, running pasteurization equipment and meeting established processing rates, maintaining company, State and Federal quality standards and supporting team members in various production related tasks. 3rd Shift hours are 10pm-6am, Sunday-Thursday.
What you will need:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Food manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Versatile and able to be cross-trained in various production roles.
- Able to read and record instrument data in English with attention to detail.
- Verbal and written communication skills, specifically legible handwriting.
- Able to lift, move, and push 55 lbs on a regular basis.
- Able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including: standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces.
- Able to work the scheduled shift, including daily overtime or overtime outside of your regular scheduled hours as required (more than 40 hours per week).
- Adhere to all safety standards and wear all necessary personal protective equipment such as safety shoes, safety glasses, hair/beard net and gloves when required.
- Able to work with allergens that might be present in a food manufacturing environment.
- Willing and able to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment.
- Team oriented with a focus of working in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
- Good attitude with a high level of integrity and alignment with our mission, vision, values & operating principles.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, STD & LTD after 60 days of employment.
- Matching 401k after 1-year
- Benefit Bonus/Stipend
- Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), & Birthday PTO
- Opportunity for advancement!
- Discounted employee purchases!
- Unique, entrepreneurial culture!
Our Mission and Guiding Principles:
We successfully create value and enhance lives by attending to how we do business!
We Treat People Right We Think Like Entrepreneurs We Offer a Great Place to Work We Build Strong Relationships We Create a Place to Learn & Improve Life in Our Community
Check out our Facebook page #OpenGatesCulture and send your resume! If you have a passion for problem solving with a servant-minded attitude, join our team!