Family Law Associate Attorney
Compensation: Depends on experience
Who we are:
We are a small, but very busy Family Law firm located in Roseville, CA. We are looking to expand by hiring a full-time Associate Attorney. The ideal candidate would have a strong work ethic and be able to work independently, but also know when to ask for assistance from others. They would be committed to helping people who are going through a difficult time in their lives and would always remain ethical, professional and compassionate.
Essential responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Attend initial client consultations with senior attorney;
• Advise potential clients on the relevant issues of their case and potential outcomes of litigation;
• Communicate with clients, opposing counsel, senior attorney and support staff regarding the status of cases;
• Monitor case schedules and filing deadlines with Legal Assistant(s) and Paralegal(s);
• Prepare dissolution packets;
• Assist clients in the preparation of their Preliminary Disclosure of Documents including IED’s and SAD’s;
• Conduct legal research
• Prepare Requests for Orders, Motions, Declarations, Memorandum of Points and Authorities and other necessary pleadings;
• Prepare and serve discovery requests including Form Interrogatories, Special Interrogatories and Requests for Production of Documents;
• Assist clients in responding to discovery requests as listed above;
• Fill out necessary Judicial Council forms;
• Prepare for and attend various court hearings; Status Conferences and MSC’s;
• Prepare Marital Settlement Agreements;
• Work with senior attorney and prepare for trial including: hiring experts, taking depositions, preparing trial binders and exhibits, performing financial and strategic analysis, settlement negotiation, preparation of opening/closing statements and direct/cross examination;
• Assign work to Legal Assistant(s) and Paralegal(s), supervise their work and follow-up with assigned tasks;
• Manage client files and records;
• Keep track of billable hours;
Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, professional demeanor and appearance. Able to work in a fast paced and demanding work environment. Must have excellent reading comprehension, writing, editing, analytical and verbal communication skills. Must be punctual and dependable. Must possess basic computer, scanning, copying and typing skills. Fully competent using Judicial Council Forms, Excel, Adobe Acrobat DC, Zoom and Word.
Juris Doctorate and licensed to practice law in California (CA Bar Admission), is in good standing with no disciplinary record.
2+ years of Family Law experience
We offer a competitive salary, Simple IRA, healthcare contribution, possible bonuses, and a positive and energetic work environment.
How to Apply:
To respond, please include the following: 1) Current CV, 2) Brief cover letter telling us about yourself, 3) Writing sample, 4) Professional legal references.