Jr. Davis Construction Company Inc. builds roads, bridges and highways that connect our communities! We are seeking passionate individuals eager to apply their skills to take their career to the next level. This individual will be responsible for maintaining and repairing diesel powered equipment. JDC is one of the largest heavy highway and civil construction firms in the state with over 900 employees, while still retaining a family business atmosphere. We’ll respect your hard work and treat you like family.
- Diagnose, test, adjust, and repair systems of heavy duty diesel powered public transit vehicles.
- Examines, test drives and troubleshoots electrical and mechanical problems using standard testing procedures and computer diagnostic equipment.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Maintains inventory and restocks parts. May respond to road calls.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 recent years’ experience working as a Heavy Equipment Diesel Mechanic.
- Active Driver license.
- Must have a safety first attitude. Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures is required
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
Knowledge & Skills:
- High S Ability to troubleshoot and repair problems of general and advanced nature.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring heavy physical effort occasionally in inclement weather.
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, materials, methods, and practices of engine repair, mechanical and electrical systems and maintenance.
- Sitting, standing, walking, squatting/kneeling, reaching, grasping, pushing/pulling, twisting/bending, sifting /carrying up to 50 lbs. multiple times per shift, fingering, talking, hearing, and seeing.
Join the Team! At JDC, we believe that our employees are the reason for our success. JDC provides rewarding and challenging careers, encourages professional growth and strives to help each employee achieve their full potential.
Company Benefits: We don’t just want to tell employees we care about them; we show it. That’s why we offer a comprehensive and competitive package to our employees:
- Competitive pay rates
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Voluntary life
- Supplemental insurances
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- On-the-job training and skill development
- Complementary Wellness Clinic services
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!
At JDC, we promote a drug-free workplace environment and we pride ourselves on being an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.