Wanted: Compassionate, Competent Patient Coordinator. Salary DOE 15 - 22/hour starting; Flexible schedule.
We are a 4-year-old holistic medicine clinic under direction of a licensed naturopathic physician. We specialize in effective, innovative holistic care for chronic and complex illnesses, as well as holistic approaches to wellness and anti-aging. We also provide cutting edge supportive care for individuals under treatment for cancer.
We have steadily grown since our founding in Draper, Utah. We are now seeking a patient coordinator. The position is based in a primary need for our patients to experience consistent, mature, warm, and compassionate reception. The roles fulfilled are varied, too, from assisting clientele with use of an eletronic health record, to providing on-site therapies such as Ion Cleanse Foot Bath, to assisting patients with the practical aspects of implementing physician recommendations.
The following skills are required to experience satisfaction and success in this position:
- Highly literate in English written and verbal communication.
- Comfortable and familiar with common computer software applications such as DropBox, Word, Excel, Internet Search Engines, Snip Tool, Electronic Health Records, Online Fax, etc.
- Sophisticated interpersonal communication skills including empathy, reflective listening, and problem solving.
- Willingness to chip in where and how needed.
- Enthusiastic about a position which will develop and (if desired) evolve over time.
The following skills may be useful in a holistic clinical setting. If an applicant wishes to highlight any of the following skills, these can be taken into consideration as we are reviewing applications.
- Patient care e.g. taking vitals, medical assistant, nurse's assistant.
- Skilled medical services such as phlebotomy, injections, IV therapy.
- Manual therapy such as Foot Zone, Cranio Sacral Therapy, Massage, Colon Hydrotherapy, Acupuncture, Reiki, etc.
- Background in imaging technology, laboratory report production, Labcorp Beacon, Accudraw, EHR/EMR, medical terminology, medical coding or billing, culinary services, dietary health interventions.
We will employ an individual who demonstrates the following "deal breaker" qualifications:
- Committed to a potential long-term employment option.
- Personally accountable and naturally self-initiating.
- Free and independent, critical thinker with honed skills of discernment.
- Unfailingly punctual.
- Dedicated to exacting attention to detail and to reliably following through on commitments.
- Acutely cognizant of supportive role versus physician role in integrative patient care.
The following qualifications are relevant to the position, though not required for consideration.
- Professional reception experience, familiarity with multi-line phones, clinic flow, scheduling, natural medicinals, holistic background.