CDL-A Flatbed Truck Driver
Requirements from Trucking Forman (Brian Northway):
- class A CDL
- flatbed/lowboy experience
- need to have either tanker or hazmat on their license or both
Jr. Davis Construction Company Inc. builds roads, bridges and highways that connect our communities! We are seeking passionate individuals eager to apply their skills to take their career to the next level. Jr. Davis Construction Company Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual with a strong work ethic to fill the position of CDL-A Flatbed Truck Driver. This individual will be responsible for operating heavy construction equipment, transporting, and delivering construction materials to construction sites. JDC is one of the largest heavy highway and civil construction firms in the state with over 900 employees, while still retaining a family business atmosphere. We’ll respect your hard work and treat you like family.
COMPENSATION: Based on experience. Our OJT (On the Job Training) will allow you to move up in our company as your skill set expands.
- Operate a flatbed/lowboy truck in accordance to safety standards
- perform pre-trip inspection on truck and notify supervisor of routine maintenance, necessary equipment, and supplies
- Transport and deliver construction materials to projects in a timely manner
- Operate and load equipment efficiently
- Tarp, chain and strap loads
- Assist laborers in loading and unloading heavy equipment, scaffolding, and project material
- May perform other duties or operate other types of trucks
- Must have adequate reading and writing skills to complete paperwork and maintaining records
- Minimum of 3 years flatbed/lowboy truck experience required
- Possess a valid Class A commercial driver's license (CDL-A)
- Hazmat or Tanker required (both is a plus)
- Valid Medical Card
- Must have a safety first attitude. Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures is required.
- Bring a high degree of attention, skill, and dexterity to controlling a tractor-trailer and preventing damage to materials and trailer equipment
- Skilled at maneuvering and parking a tractor-trailer
- Maintain excellent attendance
- Knowledge of road and traffic regulations
- Ability to work as part of a team
Knowledge & Skills:
- A High School diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
- Ability to listen, follow directions, and have a willingness to continue to enhance skills.
Join the Team! At JDC, we believe that our employees are the reason for our success. JDC provides rewarding and challenging careers, encourages professional growth and strives to help each employee achieve their full potential.
Company Benefits: We don’t just want to tell employees we care about them; we show it. That’s why we offer a comprehensive and competitive package to our employees:
- Competitive pay rates
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Voluntary life
- Supplemental insurances
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- On-the-job training and skill development
- Complementary Wellness Clinic services
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!
At JDC/S&L, we promote a drug-free workplace environment and we pride ourselves on being an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.