Team IT Specialist
Remote position - North Idaho or Eastern Washington Candidate Preferred
Full-time exempt salaried position in the range of $52,000-72,800 DOE
Ben Greenfield Life is a creative, dynamic and entertaining educational experience for people who want teaching, content and media that empowers them to live an adventurous, joyful and fulfilling life. BGL is a portal of discovery for those who, like Ben Greenfield, desire to live life to the fullest; experience deep meaning, purpose, happiness, fulfillment and connection; explore and enjoy every nook and cranny of God’s great creation; get connected to and learn to use the most cutting-edge time and trench-proven strategies to better their lives; and discover how to achieve full optimization of mind, body and spirit, all with boundless energy that equips them to go and conquer every mountain they’ve been called to climb, along with a supportive community of fellow lovers of life who have a deep desire to make maximum impact while loving others fully and savoring every step of the journey with passionate authenticity and energetic curiosity. By discovering and following BGL’s content and teaching, people will be fully educated, equipped and inspired to maximally live their life’s purpose with full vitality.
We passionately empower people to live a bold, purpose-filled and adventurous life infused with health, hope, happiness and love.
The Team IT Specialist provides technical and web development support to maintain Ben Greenfield Life software, systems and ensure optimal performance of the websites, platforms and users. This role is focused not just on resolving incidents - but to find underlying problems and develop long term solutions.
To be successful in this role you:
- Are excited about Ben’s new mission, vision, and core values of Ben’s new brand, Ben Greenfield Life. Your purpose connects with our mission, vision, values, and focus
- Are patient and use common vernacular when assisting team members
- Stay on top of IT trends, security concerns and technology updates
- Are highly detailed and analytical. You love troubleshooting and solving problems
- Are a natural-born researcher. You dig for answers.
- Are able to manage daily needs with ongoing projects. You are excellent at time management and adjusting priorities.
- A minimum of 3-4 years working in the IT field.
- Good understanding of the following skill-sets required within IT Operations: Windows, Mac, Networking, Application support, Security, Email Service Providers, Shopify, WP Engine, Klayvio and backup. Must have advanced Wordpress experience and be knowledgeable about maintaining plugin security.
- Systematic problem-solving approach with the ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make progress in areas where high ambiguity and uncertainty exist.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams, customers, and external vendors.
- Excellent customer service, organizational, prioritization, multitasking, communication and leadership skills.
- Must excel at supporting users remotely using tools such as Asana, Slack and Zoom.
- Seeing team member's technical issues to resolution in a professional and time efficient manner
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
General Technical Support
General Technical Support
- Perform hardware and software installations, configurations, and updates as needed
- Log bugs and enhancements requests
- Fix broken links
- Maintain Ben Greenfield Life RSS feed and podcast hosting platform
- Routine data back ups and security audits
- Deliver a consistent process for incident and problem escalation along with resolution
- Monitor, analyze, and resolve problems that occur within BGL and it’s team
- Provide after-hours support for infrastructure related emergencies as well occasional weekend maintenance
- Provide technical assistance and resolve related issues for users and team members
- Provide technical assistance with computer hardware and software
- Responsible for conducting and providing troubleshooting of systems software and related infrastructure, including end-user systems and information systems across BGL
- Respond to support requests to quickly identify, research, and resolve issues
- Facilitate IT onboarding/offboarding including user setup across BGLsoftwares and systems, creates network user accounts, email accounts, and sets access permissions in critical applications for new team members prior to their start date
- Be a champion for best practices related to cybersecurity, digital communication, and document management
- Help team members troubleshoot issues with hardware, software, audio/video, internet, and IT-related business processes
- Password integrity for all systems and users
- Keep Slack channels organized and archive what is no longer needed. Create new channels as requested
- Keep Asana organized in cooperation with HR team.
- Support designing, coding, and modifying website from layout to function and according to specifications
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling Ben Greenfield Life website
- Occasional back-end development and maintenance
- Front-end support as needed by Marketing team
- Routine site speed monitoring, 404 check, top 100 posts, ActiveCampaign backup
- Regular plugin updates and testing on non BGL sites
- Support BGL in evaluating new technology platforms
- Ensure robust QA testing and quality of all code and integrations
- Lead analysis to identify and monitor emerging risks, issues, trends and developments and recommend solutions for improvement for BGL
- Maintain an inventory of team accounts and all IT assets
- Provide IT Security briefs to leadership & team as needed
- Keep our company IT systems safe from hacks
- Perform site migrations or overnight system updates as needed
- Full-time exempt salaried position in the range of $52,000-72,800 DOE
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision coverage available; employer paid STD/LTD/Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Parental Leave
- 401K plan available
- Gym/Fitness and Cell phone stipends; birthday and work anniversary gifts
- Get your ideal work setup: We believe that creating the right environment makes everyone more productive. We will reimburse up to $750 for equipment you need to do the best work of your life.
- Education Budget: We're all about growth & development and want to make sure you can do that in your role.
- Remote work with the ability to work flexible hours
- High level of confidentiality, professionalism with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Opportunity to grow professionally
- Required to attend team annual retreat, huddles, and All-Team meetings unless otherwise approved by supervisor
- May need to travel to an onsite location in Spokane, WA or Viola, Idaho for technical support/issues
- May be required to be on-call during weekends or holidays
- Reporting to the Director of Services and Support
- We are remote friendly for all states except CA, IL, NV, NJ, OH, and PA; we are only hiring US residents at this time
If you want this to be your future, please apply at this link: bengreenfieldlife.com/teamitspecialist with your resume, a 2-3 minute video introducing us to you (what you bring to the role and what about BGL excites you) and a letter of interest on why you are the right fit for this role and the BGL team! Please only apply if you fit the requirements and responsibilities listed above. Only candidates who submit all items requested will be considered for this role.
Thank you - we look forward to working with you!
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. The successful candidate will be expected to perform all functions from administrative processing to leading change initiatives. The salary range listed describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this position. Actual compensation offered may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.