Legal Operations Specialist – Class Action and Mass Tort Group
Join a fast-paced, growing national law firm as a remote Legal Operations Specialist for class actions, mass torts, and mass arbitrations!
Job Description Summary:
The Legal Operations Specialist will administer and assist the Legal Marketing Director in overseeing the general operations of the class action and mass tort practice of the law firm with a specific focus on process improvement, organization, and technology assistance. This role will support various projects, including technology initiatives (Mailchimp, Clio, and others), class action projects, mass arbitration projects, and mass tort projects. The Legal Operations Specialist will interface primarily with the marketing team and legal staff, as well as vendors and business partners. The ideal candidate is experienced with the business side of law, detail-oriented, organized, proactive, and able to juggle competing priorities with a collaborative, transparent, can-do approach. This is a generalist role that focuses on a wide range of responsibilities and projects. This position will report to the Legal Marketing Director.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in development and implementation of process improvement and technology roadmaps for the Marketing and Legal teams.
- Secure partnerships (co-counsel or referral fee agreements) with other law firms to ensure those priorities become reality.
- Work collaboratively with the Legal Marketing Director to identify areas of improvement for legal workflows and processes and propose and implement solutions.
- Manage vendor relationships with the firm’s legal and compliance technology service providers, as needed.
- Stay abreast of the latest mass tort, mass arbitration, and class action waves.
- Support projects as needed, including various class actions, mass torts, and mass arbitrations.
- Work with the Legal IT Director to improve project efficiency, including helping to design, launch, and manage various projects.
- Keep projects organized, monitor status, and report weekly to the Legal Marketing Director.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant legal operations experience (can be a combination of corporate paralegal experience in a major law firm and in-house legal department experience); experience with growth stage companies and complex project management helpful.
- Experience in technology management, project management, business process management, and system implementation a plus, but not required.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a growing legal team and cross-functionally with members at all levels of the law firm.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, written, and verbal communications skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Comfortable working independently and remotely with general direction, prioritizing multiple projects, and managing up and across as needed to meet goals and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Clio, Mailchimp, and ActiveCampaign a plus!
To be considered for this full-time remote position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
About the Firm:
Siri & Glimstad LLP is a fast-growing law firm that represents clients in complex civil litigation matters. For more detailed information about our practice areas, success stories, and team of professionals, please visit our website at www.sirillp.com. We look forward to speaking to you!