Join our fast-growing family of companies! Open Gates Group is an entrepreneurial family of companies located near Kalona, Iowa that support the growth of local, organic dairy products. Our products are minimally processed and come straight from Midwest family farms surrounding our creamery. We are currently seeking a Fabricator/Welder to join our maintenance team.
What you will Do:
Our Maintenance Fabricator/Welder is responsible for the fabricating, sanitary welding, and finishing of plant manufacturing equipment such as filling machines, pasteurizers, pumps, boilers, compressors, and conveying equipment. Our Maintenance Fabricator/Welder produces high quality TIG sanitary welds of stainless steel materials. The position is responsible for grinding, polishing, fitting and finishing sanitary welds, making them smooth and meeting USDA requirements.
What you will Need:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Prior experience in TIG sanitary welding is required.
- Stainless steel fabrication experience is desired.
- Self- motivated, able to multitask, and willing to contribute in a fast-paced team environment.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to read and record instrument data in English with strong attention to detail.
- Able to work in hot and cold climates, both indoors and outdoors.
- Able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including: lifting up to 60lbs standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces.
- Willing and able to adhere to all safety standards and wear all necessary personal protective equipment such as safety shoes, safety glasses, hair/beard net and gloves when required.
- Team oriented with a focus of working in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
- High level of integrity and alignment with our mission, vision, values & operating principles.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, STD & LTD after 60 days of employment.
- Matching 401k after 1-year
- Benefit Bonus/Stipend
- Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), & Birthday PTO
- Opportunity for advancement!
- Discounted employee purchases!
- Unique, entrepreneurial culture!
Our Mission and Guiding Principles:
We successfully create value and enhance lives by attending to how we do business!
We Treat People Right We Think Like Entrepreneurs We Offer a Great Place to Work We Build Strong Relationships We Create a Place to Learn & Improve Life in Our Community
Check out our Facebook page #OpenGatesCulture and send your resume to [email protected]! If you have a passion for problem solving with a servant-minded attitude, join our team!