I. Job Summary
The Senior Integrated Auditor performs a wide range of financial, operational and compliance audits internally.. The individual will take an active role in contributing to department’s strategic initiatives focusing on continuous improvement, cost savings, and effectiveness of the control environment. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Integrated Audit and will interact with process owners at varying levels throughout the Company.
I. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Lead a cross-functional team in auditing activities of various business components, departments and operations for:
• operational efficiency and effectiveness
• cost control and cash flow opportunities
• compliance with established plans, policies, procedures, controls and applicable regulations
• Oversee projects that review financial and operational processes including the functionality of workflow, data sources, controls, efficiency, performance metrics, user roles, and alignment with strategy.
• Communicate effectively with employees at all levels across the organization, building · strong relationships to advance Internal Audit and Controls (IAC) strategic initiatives and foster
• Prepare ad hoc information requests in areas beyond assigned responsibilities.
• Determine effective data analytic techniques to aid in audit and control testing as well as creating audit plan development and programs.
• Execute scoping and planning activities as part of our SOX program, including participating in rationalization efforts to strategically increase both the efficiency and effectiveness of the WM control environment.
• Complete walkthroughs and testing of key controls and core business processes.
• Coordinate with process owners to collect documentation evidencing the effective performance of SOX activities, test execution and resolution of identified control failures.
• Prepare accurate and descriptive audit work papers and reports through interviews, document review, surveys and other audit testing procedures.
• Draft presentations for various members of management that effectively and concisely communicate audit activities and solutions.
• Drive cost reduction and efficiency of audit and compliance activities by actively seeking ways to develop and implement improvements to audit methodology, client service and administrative processes.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
None. Senior Auditor will assist management with development and oversight of staff-level auditors.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Required: Bachelor’s degree (accredited) or equivalent in Accounting or MIS and five years of audit experience and increasing responsibility as an Operational, Process, Financial or IT Auditor.
• Highly Preferred: Master’s Degree, or equivalent in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or similar area of study and five years of experience as an auditor in a large accounting firm or internal audit position in a Fortune 500 company.
• Five years of experience with internal or external audit and/or SOX 404 compliance
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Preferred: Certified Public Accountant
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• Technical Proficiency: Strong knowledge of audit and controls practices including accounting principles (U.S. GAAP) and internal control frameworks (COSO).
• Critical Thinker: Ability to quickly analyze, synthesize, and apply information to drive solution-based outcomes.
• Collaborative: Contribute to work within a team environment and build solid relationships with team members. Display strong interpersonal skills and maintain a professional demeanor.
• Accountable: Must be self-motivated and willing to take necessary actions to get the assigned tasks completed.
• Intellectual Curiosity: Desires the need to know the “why” through probing questions, moving beyond surface level understanding to get to the foundational ideas concerning a particular issue.
• Partnership Oriented: Build relationships with stakeholders across the organization to gain an understanding of their key processes/systems and the underlying internal control environment. Has ability to recognize and respond to diverse thinking styles, learning styles and cultural qualities.
• Flexible: Ability to multitask and adapt to dynamic audit plan and programs. Ability to travel as required to complete assignments (up to 50%).
• Analytical: Apply understanding of risk recognition in financial and operational processes with solid core analytical and problem-solving skills. Use of data analytics to present audit issues and project results