- Develop and maintain an inventory database for supplies and materials
- Purchases supplies and materials
- Negotiates and completes contracts with vendors for optimal cost and delivery times.
- Collaborates the production department to maximize efficiency in the purchasing and inventory control
- Communicates with suppliers to resolve problems that may arise regarding delivery, quality, price, or conditions of sale.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures related to purchasing and inventory control with a goal to maximize efficiency and optimize workflow.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 5 years of related experience in the Construction industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field with coursework in purchasing and/or inventory control management, preferred
- Proved negotiation skills
- Ability to exercise tact, courtesy, and ethics when dealing with vendors, co-workers, and customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Must be able to travel 25%
THIS POSITION WILL BE REMOTE - IT CAN BE BASED ANYWHERE IN THE US