Exciting career opportunity at VibrantCare Rehabilitation. We are currently seeking an ambitious, career driven accounts receivable specialist to join our corporate office.
**All candidates must submit an application on VibrantCare’s career portal:
Ensures highest level of customer service is provided to providers, payers, fellow employees and patients in efforts to resolve all outstanding claims.
- Investigates and follows up on all open account balances overdue for 60 days or more and determines reason for non-payment.
- Contacts responsible parties to establish reasons for delinquency, documents in system all verbal and written communications relative to overdue accounts and institutes timely follow-up with responsible parties as result of last contact to ensure progress in resolving accounts with payment
- Reprints claims on any outstanding dates of service and re-files when necessary.
- Works the specified minimum number of accounts per day as established by the Patient Financial Services Supervisor and reports all account work on daily productivity reports (the current number of accounts per day to be worked is 40).
- Requests account adjustments as identified. Reports bad debt and disallowance corrections to Patient Financial Services Supervisor.
- Notifies Patient Financial Services Supervisor of any database operation changes and/or additions to specific payor, plan, contract, address or other pertinent information.
- Assists with the filing of insurance claims including printing claims to paper and sending/receiving EDI transmissions as needed.
- Audits accounts and requests refunds as needed.
- Sets up and processes payment plans with patients on overdue accounts.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Other Duties as assigned
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal instructions or supervision.
- Knowledge of indemnity insurance practices, contracts, and managed care ideal.
- Knowledge of Windows based office technologies (ex. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Preferred and Required Credentials:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum one or more years of medical billing experience required. Prefer experience in collections/accounts receivable.