Clearwater Construction, Inc. is hiring an experienced Superintendent for its West Virginia operations.
We expect the Superintendent to provide on-site coordination for all phases of heavy/highway bridge construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. The Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities of Superintendent:
- Provide leadership and establish working relationships with all onsite personnel (including subcontractors, inspectors, employees, and the public).
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Create work plans and 2-week schedule look-ahead.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Coordinate with Procurement and Dispatch staff for tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with contracted scope of work.
- Coordinate required permits and inspections with local jurisdictions when necessary.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
- Maintain daily field log of activities on the jobsite.
- Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
- Walk all activities on project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
- Preside over on-site meetings designed to coordinate the work.
- Ensure that the job site is always kept clean and organized.
- Take the lead regarding Safety and Quality Control.
- Gather project material submittals and maintain records of approvals at the job-site.
- Identify areas of work that are outside of subcontracted scope.
- Preside at pre-construction meeting with each subcontractor.
- Opening the jobsite at beginning of the day and securing the jobsite at the end of the day.
- Assist in hiring field employees.
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents, plans and specifications. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- To perform this job successfully, the individual will be expected to use Word Processing software (Microsoft Office); Estimating and Operations software (B2W); Adobe Acrobat (PDF) software on both an iPad and laptop computer.
- Ability to manage 2 to 5 subordinate Foreman. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. A successful candidate may be required to directly supervise 1 to 5 non-supervisory employees. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Safety is of the utmost importance. All Clearwater Construction, Inc. safety policies and procedures must be followed at all times – no exceptions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- Prior supervisory responsibility in heavy civil/site/bridge work construction, concrete supervision is required.
- Prior experience with bridge construction is required.
- Experience with both private and public works projects is a plus.
- Knowledge of heavy equipment operations.
- Knowledge of OSHA Safety regulations.
- Must maintain a clean jobsite.
- Clean driving record.
No phone calls, please.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Clearwater Construction, Inc is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin, and will not be discriminated against on-the-basis of disability or, if applicable, veteran status. Female, Minority and Veteran candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Individuals with a disability that require reasonable accommodation for any position to complete any part of the application process or are unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, please contact us for assistance.