We are seeking dynamic individuals with leadership skills who desire to grow & contribute to our team for the years to come. We are an expanding commercial printing and mailing company in central Indiana.
Are you looking for a creative design career that offers variety?
We are seeking an experienced hands on pre-media technician with an aptitude for print design. The position offers/requires the use of a variety of skills sets. From creative design, to creating digital storefronts, to interacting with customers to manage variable data printing projects & production, no two days are the same.
Our ideal candidate will be a great communicator, super organized, thorough, honest, quick with computers and various software programs, very detail oriented, customer focused and have the flexibility to switch from one task to another on short notice without a decrease in productivity.
We are seeking someone who has extensive experience with the Adobe Creative Suite as well as Kodak Prinergy, Preps and Colorflow. Knowledge in aspects of the print production process, including Sheet Fed, Digital, and Wide Format printing is a major plus as well as Idealliance G7 Master print processes. Our new hire will be a self-starter, and have the demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize large amounts of information.
In this position you will be responsible for:
- Meeting with our sales staff and our clients to determine the scope of a project
- Preparing customer files to be produced on offset presses, digital presses or wide format printers
- Advising clients on strategies to reach a particular audience
- Determining the design a message should portray, and vice versa
- Creating images and designs that identify a product or convey a message
- Combining variable data information with creative designs for increased impact on rate of return
- Incorporate changes recommended by the clients into the final design
- Reviewing designs for errors before printing or publishing them
- Setting up branded digital storefronts for clients to be used for product orders
- Keeping up to date with the latest software and computer technologies to remain relevant
- Sharing in department responsibilities including wide format printing, running digital presses, making proofs and printing plates, maintaining department inventory and maintaining company web site.
Analytical skills - Must be able to look at their work from the point of view of their consumers and examine how the designs they develop will be perceived by the consumer to ensure they convey the client’s desired message.
Artistic ability - Must be able to create designs that are artistically interesting and appealing to clients and consumers. Produce rough illustrations of design ideas, either by hand sketching or by using a computer program.
Communication skills - Must be able to communicate with clients, customers, sales staff and other designers to ensure their designs accurately reflect the desired message and effectively express information.
Computer skills - Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite - Specifically, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat. Should also be able to work with web applications, Microsoft products and understand variable content/ variable data printing.
Creativity - Must be able to think of new approaches to communicating ideas to consumers. Develop unique designs that convey a recognizable meaning on behalf of their clients.
Time-management skills - Must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time, each with a different deadline.
Multi-tasking skills - Must be able and willing to share other department responsibilities including: Preparing customer created files for production, wide format printing, department maintenance
Accuracy and attention to detail - Must have an eye for details and be technical savvy to ensure mistake free design and printing compatibility.
Team player - Must be able to work closely with other departments within the company and be willing to perform other duties when needed.
Positive, professional attitude and appearance is also required.
We offer competitive hourly pay, 401k with company match after one year anniversary, paid vacation, paid holidays, & sick days.
Insurance benefits include: health, RX, short term and long term disability, life, dental, and vision.
Equal Opportunity Employer