Nature-Based Early Childhood Education
Seeking a nature based early childhood support educator/assistant.
We are a group of educators, healers and forward thinking parents who have brought our visions together to create a nature center to educate for a new world. We are building an immersive nature-based program on our 1.4 acres. There will be gardens growing food and medicine on site and we hope to have access to/create trails for woodland exploration around the property. We are in our first year at a new location in Wappingers Falls and are excited to expand our team.
We are looking for an afternoon assistant for our early childhood program for 3-6 year olds.
- Supervising the children during lead educator’s break
- assist indoor & outdoor play time, and rest time
- assisting children while in the bathroom
- tidying up after program
- collaborating with lead teacher to support the children
- helping with program wide festivals and celebrations
- weekly meeting with lead educator
- Assist children with gardening and special projects
Hours: 12:00-3:45 (potential to increase to 10:00-4:00 as program size increases)
Start Date: Wednesday Sept 7th (training Sept 1-2)
We are open to candidates of all ages but think this would also be a wonderful opportunity for an elder. For example, a retired teacher. We are seeking someone willing to be a part of something innovative and new. Someone who would enjoy supporting us to shape our vision and has their own talents and interests to bring to the table.
18 years or older
Love of children and nature
Clear compassionate and direct communication
Childhood development coursework or willingness to enroll
Gardening or farming experience is a plus
How to apply:
Please email your resume, 2 references and a letter of interest to email@example.com. In your letter, please tell us about yourself:
- Why do you think you’d be a good fit for this position?
- What do you love most about children? About the outdoors/nature/farming or gardening?
- What is your experience with the above?
- Are there other gifts or skills you would like to share with the group/children?