30 to 40 Hours per Week Flexible Schedule
Occasional Holidays and Weekends.
The Activity Coordinator develops and implements wellness focused recreation programs to residents; including physical fitness, cognitive enrichment, and varied social programming.
The Activity Coordinator’s position is to deliver high quality recreation programs that enhance the quality of life for our residents.
Puyallup Valley Enhanced Residential Care, Inc is designed for people who need some assistance with daily activities. We provide living space, meals, housekeeping services, recreational/social activities and personal support to our residents.
Our goal is to provide our residents with a way to lead happy, self-directed lives.
The Activity Coordinator will provide two activity programming sessions for the residents daily, including but not limited to in-house activities and outings.
- Assess each resident’s interests, functional abilities, preferences and negotiated service agreement.
- Document each resident’s participation in progress notes at least once a month.
- Encourage each resident to engage in independent or self-directed activities that are appropriate to PV-ERC’s setting.
- Create and implement a variety of programs that reflect the interests, and values of our residents.
- Promote resident socialization by planning and implementing activities and programs using resident input.
- Make available routine supplies and equipment necessary for activities.
- Communicate/coordinate (network) with community resources/agencies for donations to the residents.
- Keep written records of communications and donations. (Solicit for Christmas donations starting in August).
- Keep donations organized. All donated gift cards must be recorded and accounted for. All gift cards must be placed in the safe. No gift cards or unaccounted money may leave PV-ERC facility at any time.
- Provide the appropriate correspondence to outside community resources (thank-you notes, donation receipts, etc…)
- Coordinate monthly birthday parties for residents and staff.
- Organize/conduct monthly resident meetings.
- Post resident’s name outside of their room.
- Coordinate special event snacks and/or meals with kitchen staff.
- Post a monthly activity calendar on the activity bulletin board on the first of each month.
- With resident’s input and assistance, decorate bulletin boards monthly and/or special occasions.
- With resident’s input and assistance, decorate the facility according to seasons and/or holidays.
- Once a month, assist residents in room organization.
- Assist residents in the decoration of their rooms.
- Keep written records of communication.
- Coordinate volunteers to assist with various programs.
- Work with a budget – turning in receipts and balancing budget.
- Keep activity area clean and tidy at all times, to include storage room and closets.
- Escort/transport residents to occasional appointments when asked to do so.
- Perform other duties as required.
- May be asked to cover for CNA or HHA duties if proper certification is current.
- Knows and is able to follow job expectations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good people skills
- Good Driving Record
- Reliable transportation in good operating condition
- Auto Insurance
- Works under the direct supervision of Administration
- 2-step TB
- Food Handlers Card
- Background check
- Arrives to work on time and leaves on time.
- Performs required duties to the best of his/her ability.
- Dresses in a clean, appropriate manner.
- Keeps work area clean and tidy at all times.
- Behaves in a respectful, caring manner toward the residents, keeping professional boundaries in mind.
- Respects residents’ rights and rules of confidentiality.
- Works as a team member coming to meetings, promoting and caring out new ideas, getting along in a friendly and professional manner with other employees and maintaining an open line of communication with supervisor and/or administrative staff.
- Follows all policies and procedures