Supervisor: Digital Communications Manager
Department: Tech Team
Schedule: Monday-Friday during business hours
Hours: 40 hours/week
Salary: $55 - $65K depending on experience and skillset
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT Support
- Provides basic IT support to personnel within the organization on an as-needed basis, this includes helping staff get started with WordPress, helping staff with technical issues, etc. Includes assisting site users with issues related to content, such as issues with receiving emails, errors with filling out forms, errors with viewing or reading content, etc. Responds to help desk tickets.
- Digital Services
- Maintain video index, archive, embeds, retrieval, and any other related tasks. Assist staff and tech team with various external software applications. Provide specialized assistance to CHD personnel such as page editing, organization, and correction on an as-needed basis.
- Tech Team Support
- Provide support for all tech team members on an as-needed basis. Support tasks include writing documentation on technologies currently used for CHD websites, and other everyday tasks to help the tech team work efficiently.
- Collaborate with and assist developers and the website content coordinator. Coordinate workflow and project deadlines with other digital assistants.
- Basic knowledge of WordPress, HTML and CSS
- Assign user roles and permissions
- Provide any necessary assistance in page creation/editing, site organization, and possess the ability to troubleshoot
- Understanding of internet and research skills
- Basic understanding of how websites work in general
- Understanding of how different technologies are used in conjunction with each other
- Have skills to learn new technologies quickly and apply them
- Organize information in meaningful ways; understanding of Google Suites/Workplace tools (Google Docs, Sheets, Drives)
- Customer Service, Time Management, and Communication skills
- Extensive teamwork and collaboration
- Active listening, written, oral, and digital communication
- Working with many users with diverse needs, converting technical jargon into plain language
- Scheduling/meeting deadlines, responding to emails in a timely manner
- Able to switch between tasks as priorities change
- Able to work on several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of information into actionable information
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with many different staff members, chapter representatives, vendors, and volunteers
- Excellent business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Graphics ability is a plus.
- Must have previous experience working in WordPress or similar content management systems
- College degree or trade certifications are helpful but not required