Jr. Davis Construction Company, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual with a strong work ethic to fill the position of a Fuel Truck Driver. This individual will be responsible for observing and documenting reports of the transportation trucks, ensuring that the fuel tanks are filled with oil and fuel, the tires are filled with air and hands over the checks to the governing system services. The Fuel Truck Driver will aid the administrative unit's industrial complex members with the supplies of fuel and oil, organizes transportation bills and makes sure that the seniors have signed the same.
We are one of the largest heavy highway and civil construction firms in the state with over 900 employees, while still retaining a family business atmosphere.
COMPENSATION: Based on experience. Our OJT (On the Job Training) will allow you to move up in our company as your skill set expands.
- Overseeing the safety aspects of his working environment and making sure that they are upheld and renewed accordingly, as and when needed
- Evaluating the dangers of the location and judging the different methods and plans and understanding the application of first-aid, as and when the situations demand
- Observing the project undertakings and making sure that they agree with the rules and policies of fuel truck exercises and organizing project programs and strategies
- Overseeing his interactions with his co-drivers and deciding hard-hitting beginnings for all the drivers if possible
- Supplying fuel oil to the customers from huge and small tanker trucks
- Agreeing to the protection rules and policies in transporting, handling and supplying procedures and methods of fuel oil
- Keeping the written accounts of the work done every day and offering revenue bills to the customers
- Planning the places where he could stop and refill his truck tank with fuel before starting his journey as per the rules and regulations of his company
- Chasing the costs for the aim of revenue enhancements and making sure that proper compensation takes place for company disbursals
- Negotiating time in order to prevent job losses and save the same
- Executing his documented project job responsibilities, roles and duties every time the load is drawn and dropped
- Travelling and acclimatizing to all types of seasons, whether night or day
- Driving carefully on hills and bad weather circumstances and managing his truck safely out of crowded places as well
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 recent years’ experience working as a Fuel Truck Driver
- Commercial Driver's License w/Endorsements as required
- Current Medical Certification
- Must have a safety first attitude. Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures is required
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Analyzing geographical maps and avoiding the routes that are dangerous, full of obstacles and repairs or avoiding uneven
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!
At JDC, we promote a drug-free workplace environment and we pride ourselves on being an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.