Dream AcadeME is looking to fill a Nature STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) Tuesday/Thursday day time teaching position for ages 3.5 to 8 years old! This position also has tutoring hours available other varying times throughout the week. Must be willing to travel within South Bay of LA and Long Beach areas. Class is held outdoors year round. Must love Mother Nature!
Since we were founded in 2016, we have partnered with families and local organizations to develop community-minded, environmentally conscious, and empowered youth through constructivism, STEAM, and nature-based education. As our world goes through rapid changes, we seek to support families and teachers in coming together to develop intimate learning communities where families and teachers are able to collaborate to provide the best possible learning environment for children.
If you are interested in learning more, and if you meet the professional qualifications listed below, please send us a cover letter and resume. Resumes sent without a cover letter will not be considered. Please specify in your cover letter why you want to work for Dream AcadeME and how you see yourself as a fit for the team. We look forward to learning more about you!
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Child Development, Education or related field
- Minimum three years experience teaching (early childhood or elementary school)
- Understanding of project-based learning, child-centered curriculum, and STEAM/STEM lessons and curriculum
- Ability to achieve strong social emotional and academic results using a social constructivist approach to learning
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Skills in differentiating curriculum and instruction for varied abilities and ages
- Knowledgeable about progressive education, social constructivism, or Reggio Emilia philosophy
- Passionate about ‘whole-child’ development
- Experience with curriculum development and designing, socratic method, and project work
- Able to thrive in a dynamic and entrepreneurial work-environment
- Committed to reflection and life-long learning
- Curious about improving teaching practices through discovery and co-researching with children
- Capable of taking initiative, experimentation, and flexibility
- Bilingual in English with Spanish or Mandarin
- Experience working with children with dyslexia and reading instruction
- Other certifications or experience in areas such as: yoga, lifeguard, surfing, woodworking, playing instruments, tinkering, coding, robotics, sports, etc.
- Compensation commensurate with experience and education (between $28-$35/hour).
- You will be working In-person in small group settings.
If you are interested in joining us, please submit your resume, three references, and a cover letter specifying how your experience and education meet the qualifications above, and any additional relevant information about yourself.
Dream AcadeME is a non-profit alternative education company. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email to arrange an interview.
- Lead whole group, small group, and individualized instruction
- Implement classroom management strategies that draw on children’s strengths and participation
- Facilitate a democratic community of learners with meetings, conflict resolution strategies, and engaging the children in solving problems and offering solutions
- Make learning visible to students, parents, and the community with documentation
- Use observation and documentation to asses student learning
- Participate in parent communication which may include, but is not limited to daily or weekly snapshots, portfolios, progress reports, emailing, and texting
- Partner with co-teacher, other teachers, and administration
- Participate in professional development
- Supervise recess and lunch
- Be present in organization-wide events
- Maintain a neat, orderly, and welcoming learning environment
- Recognize the environment as the 3rd teacher
To learn more about Dream AcadeME, visit our website: www.dreamacademe.org