New Founding is hiring an IT and Web Application Support specialist to help develop and maintain our in-house IT-as-a-Service (ITaaS). The tools and functionality provided by ITaaS are critical to the success of our media properties’ editorial and business teams.
We are looking for someone with experience in web application development and basic IT infrastructure who enjoys working with stakeholders, developers/designers, and contractors in order to help our various brands succeed.
This can be an early career role, and we’re flexible on specific experience. You should have a demonstrated aptitude for technology as it pertains to both work you’ve been paid to do as well as work you may have done for free - for example, you’re the person everyone in your family turns to for “computer help.” We place great importance on having a high level of ownership and a drive for problem-solving.
- Assist in building, deploying, documenting and maintaining our ITaaS Portal.
- Support internal employees, including admin and editorial teams, with web applications – custom, open source, and SaaS – and assisting them with general technological questions.
- Proactively seek opportunities to help support internal employees, independently and in liaison with multi-functional teams. This will include setting up processes to handle support requests in a timely manner.
- Support and help maintain websites and web applications for aligned media and commercial ventures.
Your Skills and Talents:
- At least one year of experience working in a technical role. When family and friends need tech help, they ask you first.
- Comfortable with the user-facing end of WordPress and similar open source platforms for publishing and ecommerce.
- You are a fast learner who can quickly get acquainted with new tools that we may adopt internally or publicly.
- Self-organizing, responsible and focused on fast execution and resolution of support issues. Able to operate in ambiguity; proactive in collaboratively resolving bottlenecks.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Be willing to learn as well as to teach.
Highly-qualified candidates should expect to bring:
- Strong comfort using (and helping others use) applications and tools such as WordPress, Airtable, Mattermost, eCommerce solutions, newsletter and email campaign management services, and other popular web applications.
- A passion for Open Source technology, and a desire to help grow our internal and external Open Source utilization and evangelization.
- A broad interest in technology, and impulse to share what you’ve learned with those who are less technically-inclined to help them accomplish team goals.
The most important thing is a deep passion for our mission and drive to build a new—and far more powerful—network that helps organize and empower others drawn to it.
As an early hire on both the product team and New Founding as a whole, you’ll have a lot of impact across the organization but the bar will also be higher: we hire Privates who have the skills, capacity, and drive to eventually become Captains, and Captains who can become Colonels. Along those lines, New Founding isn’t a pit stop for you—you really want to be here, and for a long while.
This position is located in Dallas, TX.
How to Apply
Send us your resume and a cover letter that tells us about you, why you’re interested in New Founding, and the impact you’d make here. More specifically, we’d like your take on the following:
- Compared to other profiles on LinkedIn or RedBalloon with similar backgrounds/skills, what makes you unique?
- Tell us about a time when you creatively overcame a seemingly impossible or overwhelming problem (technical or non-technical).
We want to get a sense of how you think and communicate; with that said, please keep your cover letter to a maximum of 1,500 words. We look forward to hearing from you. Please note that any applications received without a cover letter will not be considered.
New Founding is a media-focused venture devoted to supporting a pro-American economy, rebuilding a media universe that shares our values, and helping people live a more human life free from things like impersonal, globalized corporations, the hectoring assaults of woke tyrants, or the malicious manipulations of Big Tech. We do this primarily through a media group, a capital investments group, and a technology group. We are bringing together a team and the resources to create new media, technology, and commerce that serves and supports the American people—and we welcome you to join us.