Cenikor is a non-profit organization and one of the largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. We are currently seeking 2 Full-time Licensed Counselor for our facility in Waco, TX. Acceptable licensures are LCDC-i, LCDC, LPC-A, LPC, LMSW, and LCSW.
The Counselor is responsible for providing substance abuse treatment and services to ensure that each client develops the skills necessary to live a life free from substance dependence.
1. Wednesday - Saturday 9a - 8p
2. Sunday - Thursday 9a - 6p
3. Tuesday - Saturday 9a - 6p
Work with clients to develop and implement an individualized, written treatment plan within three (3) service days of admission.
- Work with clients to develop and implement an individualized, written treatment plan within three (3) service days of admission.
- Develop individualized treatment plan based on comprehensive assessment.
- Conduct regularly scheduled treatment plan reviews every week.
- Provide individual and group counseling services to each client as indicated by the therapeutic schedule and treatment plan.
- Responsible for providing daily interactions with all detox clients as appropriate.
- Conducts self as a rational authority and role model.
- Work in conjunction with all facility staff to facilitate a safe environment for client recovery.
- Complete client discharge summary within two (2) working days of discharge from the program.
- Complete required referral reports accurately and submit as needed.
- Monitor length of authorization by reviewing in Welligent and communication with Insurance/Billing and create/update treatment plan accordingly
- Ensure documentation is complete and accurate and meets the criteria for appropriate level of care according to clinical, funding and billing
- Ensure documentation in the clinical record is legible and complies with documentation standards.
- Work closely with management team to uphold the core principles of Cenikor’s culture and create a positive working environment for all team members.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulatory standards as well as Cenikor policies and procedures.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all client and foundation matters and refer questionable issues to your supervisor.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the exempt functions as assigned in this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Possesses strong clinical documentation skills.
- Experienced and/or knowledgeable in providing education and therapeutic counseling for individuals and for groups.
- Experienced and capable of identifying appropriate resources for client development and providing substance abuse counseling.
- Capable of discerning facts from opinions and remaining objective when listening to conflicting opinions.
- Experienced in working with diverse population.
- Possesses good time management skills needed to meet aggressive deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Patience, perseverance, and resilience in a challenging environment.
- Presents a professional, positive image.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software required, including MS Outlook calendar.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor’s Culture with all team members:
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others for success
- Associates degree required
- Masters degree preferred
- Two (2) years of substance abuse treatment experience preferred
- Experience with electronic health record system preferred
- Accepted licensures: LCDC-i, LCDC, LPC-A, LPC, LMSW, LCSW
- Drug Free Workplace
- Equal Opportunity Employer