Erickson Construction is GROWING, and we need your professional carpentry skills, enthusiasm, and expertise to help take our company to the next level. Erickson Construction is known for excellence! Our customers have come to expect our superb craftsmanship, outstanding customer relations, and unrelenting desire to exceed their expectations in residential remodeling and home improvements. We are looking for a lead carpenter who is dependable, hardworking, and trustworthy. If you are self- motivated and enjoy tackling projects with quality results-this could be the right opportunity for you!
The Carpenter role is responsible for performing construction duties, analyzing blueprints and specifications, completing the project within the agreed timeframe, and maintaining materials within the budget goals, as well as, ensuring the highest quality of customer satisfaction. There will be a variety of carpentry tasks needed, since we are a general contracting company that offers basic renovations to whole house remodels. This is a working lead position on day-to-day projects.
Full Job Description
- Able to work independently and interface professionally with homeowners & subcontractors, under the supervision of the General Contractor
- Possess a well-rounded understanding of residential construction including but not limited to; demo, framing, and siding to drywall, window and door installation, and finish work.
- Impeccable attention to detail - with the ability to read & execute on blueprints with accuracy and skill
- Comply and maintain 100% tobacco free and drug-free job sites.
- Proven track record of excellent attendance, punctuality, attitude, and professional demeanor
- Experience with professional basic carpenter hand and power tools including table saw, miter saw, planer, router, sanders
- Perform and lead all aspects of rough through finish carpentry according to plans and specifications.
- Work as a team member, leader, mentor, and communicator by setting the standard for other employees and subcontractors to follow.
- Must be able to read blueprints and understand job specifications as well as communicate direction based on plans.
- Ability to communicate well with clients and work in client-occupied homes.
- Complete work in a timely manner and within budget.
- Ability to track the project schedule, request materials, and coordinate subcontractors and inspectors.
- Ensure end of day procedures; clean up, weather protection, timecard completion, and security.
- Ensure jobsite safety and protection and enforce all jobsite rules.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Plan, schedule, execute and creatively problem solve on projects, under the supervision of General Contractor
- Oversee multiple projects from start to finish with an eye for detail, and driving cost reduction when possible while not compromising customer satisfaction
- Read blueprints and specifications, measure and cut with accuracy and skill
- Oversee the work of laborers & subcontractors to complete project goals
- Preplan for needed materials a day or even a week ahead. Pickup materials or have them delivered
- Maintain a clean job site
- Oversee site set up and tear down
- Submit proper receipts and paperwork (such as timecards, change orders, collecting contracts, deposits)
- Keep client files up to date with clear notes
- Communicate with clients as a professional representative of the company
- Attend team meetings
- Ability to diagnose installation errors and provide quick and effective corrective action
- 3 years of carpentry experience
- 1-2+ years leading remodeling projects
- Lift 50-65 lbs+ safely
- Tools will be provided if necessary
- Valid Washington state driver’s license, reliable transportation, and satisfactory driving record.
- Competitive compensation ($35 - $45 DOE)
- Health Benefits
Schedule: Monday to Friday/40 hours
Work Location: Multiple locations