Jr. Davis Construction Company, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual with a strong work ethic to fill the position of a General Laborer. May operate hand and power tools of all types and a variety of other equipment and instruments. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, and clean up rubble, debris and other waste materials. May assist other craft workers.
We are one of the largest heavy highway and civil construction firms in the state with over 900 employees, while still retaining a family business atmosphere.
COMPENSATION: Based on experience. Our OJT (On the Job Training) will allow you to move up in our company as your skill set expands.
- Pipe layer experience.
- Underground utility
- Heavy equipment operator
- Construction laborer
- Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans or specifications.
- Measure, mark, or record openings or distances to layout areas where construction work will be performed.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, or compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, or rakes.
- Erect or dismantle scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, or other temporary structures.
- Provide assistance to craft workers, such as carpenters, plasterers, or masons.
Position or dismantle forms for pouring concrete, using saws, hammers, nails, or bolts
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1 recent years’ experience working as a general laborer.
- Active Driver license.
- Must have a safety first attitude. Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures is required
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials up to 75 pounds.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!
At JDC, we promote a drug-free workplace environment and we pride ourselves on being an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply