Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America seeks a new VP of Communications that is ready to jump into the firestorm and tackle new communication challenges in the pro-life movement. With the overturn of Roe v. Wade and the beginning of America’s Dobbs era for life this senior-level position requires a leader who is prepared to work in a rapid-fire environment and take on one of the most demanding roles in the conservative movement today. Our VP of Communications must be able to manage a growing team, build relationships with reporters, collaborate with our writing staff, prepare our spokespeople for media appearances, and be ready at a moment's notice for media appearances of his or her own.
SBA Pro-Life America is an ongoing political campaign, a lobbying operation, and a research institute in one organization. We combine politics with policy, investing heavily in voter education to ensure that pro-life Americans know where their lawmakers stand on protecting the unborn, and we advance pro-life laws through direct lobbying and grassroots campaigns. SBA Pro-Life America is active at both the federal and state levels.
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for someone who is ready to face new challenges every day. The right candidate will be excited to help craft the most compelling messages for our organization and deliver these messages to target audiences. Candidates must be pro-life and aligned with our policy positions. The right individual will be sacrificial, scrappy, ambitious, and an excellent team player. A leader who wants to grow the momentum for protecting the most vulnerable through the most important human rights movement of our time.
Communications Strategy and Messaging:
- Develop and execute both long-term and rapid response strategic communications for SBA Pro-Life America and its related entities, including Charlotte Lozier Institute, Women Speak Out PAC, and Her PLAN.
Media Relations/External Communications:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with print, online, television and radio journalists and leverage these relationships into coverage of SBA activities.
- Stay current on political and policy issues, regularly monitoring the news and political/policy developments to identify rapid-response opportunities and other interventions to advance our mission.
- Serve as spokesperson for the organization.
- Ensure that other spokespeople, including the President of the organization, are prepared for interviews and public appearances.
- Responsible for managing (including hiring) SBA Pro-Life America’s internal communications team and managing external press and social media communications consultants/vendors.
- Actively partner with development, programmatic department heads, and senior leadership to ensure their communications needs are met.
- Serve on the Executive Leadership Team.
- Must be pro-life.
- Experience in building strong press/media relationships from a variety of media outlets.
- Previous experience managing a communications staff in a highly demanding environment.
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills.
What We Offer:
Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America offers the opportunity to be part of an amazing team dedicated to ending abortion and the destruction of unborn human life in America. SBA Pro-Life America is the nation’s leading pro-life group with a $50+ million budget. With the overturn of Roe v. Wade and the beginning of America’s Dobbs era this role is the opportunity to lead the work of America’s most influential pro-life organization!
We also offer a comprehensive benefits portfolio including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K plan with employer match, life insurance policy, short-term and long-term disability coverage, free onsite parking, paid holidays, paid time off, and opportunities for professional development. Our offices just off I-395 in Shirlington may make for an easy commute, yet we are still close to Capitol Hill.