We are looking for a skilled Electro-Mechanic/technician to repair and maintain various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment. An excellent mechanic must have manual dexterity and great attention to detail. They must be able to work with various machines and tools as well as follow all safety precautions. They should not be afraid to get dirty. Equipment to be worked on will include electric motors, well pumps, gearboxes, waste water pumps, and control panels.
Character: Ideal candidate should be willing to learn, humble, and honest.
- Repair various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment
- Read job cards to determine: job status, work authorizations/limitations, estimate, description of problems, and/or expected serviceability
- Test electro-mechanical equipment to troubleshoot known or suspected problems using various methods
- Disassemble electro-mechanical equipment noting parts identification, configuration and condition
- Clean electro-mechanical equipment assemblies as needed
- Measure for or note proper replacement parts
- Replace or repair worn or defective mechanical or electro-mechanical assemblies
- Retest reassembled electro-mechanical equipment for proper output and operation
- Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis
- 1-2+ years experience in electrical motor or pump diagnosis and repair preferred
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components
- Knowledge of VFDs and programming drives is a plus
- Aptitude in using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers etc.) and precision measurement tools
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instructions, schematics etc.
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Good communication skills
- A problem-solving ability
- Good physical strength and stamina
- Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is a definite plus
Job Type: Full-time
In shop and on road positions available.