Delivery Driver for Commercial Printing Company
We are seeking dynamic individuals who desire to grow & contribute to our team for the years to come. We are an expanding commercial printing and mailing company in Central Indiana. We are seeking a full time delivery driver. The optimal candidate will primarily be responsible for the timely delivery and pick up of products at pre-determined locations throughout a one county area (expanded area could occur). Trips to Indianapolis on weekly basis. A rare delivery to the Chicagoland area may occur.
Responsible drivers will review orders prior to delivery, participate in loading and unloading of trucks, and provide exceptional customer service to our client base. Prior experience is desirable but training will be provided to the optimal applicant who presents as coachable and teachable. If you are a person of character and integrity, have motivation, are productive, and willing to learn, we are looking for you!
The ideal candidate must be versatile, learning other areas of the print industry, and be willing to assist other team members in production when not making deliveries. Our delivery driver position is one of the most important positions in the company, as you would be the face of the company, interacting with our customers and being present in the community. The optimal candidate will be mindful of tight deadlines, paying close attention to quality and efficiency.
Desired characteristics include:
Must be a TEAM player, quick learner, detail oriented, productive with your time, quality conscious, mechanically inclined, positive attitude, and professional in appearance. Good driving record.
The company offers competitive hourly pay, 401k with company match after one year, paid vacation, paid holidays, & sick days.
Insurance benefits include: health, RX, short term and long term disability, life, dental, and vision.
- Experience in deliveries, customer service, or other related fields
- Clean driving record
- Ability to pass company driving test, background check and drug test
- Ability to handle physical workload, lifting and moving required
- Positive, professional attitude and appearance
- Efficient and Deadline-oriented
?Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Deliver products to customer locations in a timely manner
- Strong Customer Service skills; works well with inside team to coordinate and make things more efficient
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills and be a good communicator
- Self starter with ability to work as a team and independently
- Must demonstrate reliability through attendance, punctuality, and ability to stay focused on job
- Work safely and efficiently
- Pack and load products onto trucks for delivery (can include forklift operations)
- Deliver orders to customers and vendors (can include trips to Indianapolis)
- Maintain ongoing communication with office on the status of jobs
- Collect on unpaid orders and shipments (occurs very rarely)
- Obtain delivery confirmations from each customer
- Unload goods as per customer specifications
- Inspect and monitor delivery vehicle prior to departing to deliver goods
- Assist in clean up and keeping delivery vans clean, smoke free, trash free, neat, and orderly
- Schedule routine preventative maintenance on delivery vans and work hard to prevent any damage to the vehicle on daily basis
- Maintain accurate inventory of packages and materials
- Perform other duties as assigned
Email a resumes or request application to [email protected]
An Equal Opportunity Employer