We are a fast-growing remodeling business looking for a person to process all accounting and purchasing needs. We are now hiring a Full Charge Bookkeeper. The Bookkeeper would report primarily to ownership; however, they will be responsible for assisting the ownership with various administrative duties.
Responsibilities for Full Charge Bookkeeper:
Responsible for full cycle accounting duties such as:
- Input accounts payable and process timely payments by check, online ACH, and credit card.
- Input and verify invoices using appropriate information and coding by class.
- Balance statements from vendors.
- Investigate all discrepancies and work with vendors to clean up accounts.
- Produce and analyze AP aging reports to identify discrepancies.
- Accept estimates and customer deposits
- Assist with job supplies procurement
- Invoice customers
- Process recurring accounts receivable and contracts
- Receive payments and Prepare bank deposits for online processing
- Follow up on A/P Collections
- Ensure accuracy in general ledger
- Process employee time sheets and payroll
- Process Employee Garnishments
- Monthly and quarterly tax returns are automatically prepared by the QuickBooks Online Payroll software
- Track and appropriately code credit card purchases and verify appropriate use of cards
- Acquire and verify invoices for purchases.
- Identify extraneous expenses and report to the Management
- File and sort documents (paper and electronically)
- Various accounting, journal entries, and necessary adjustments.
- Coordinate employee files and maintain employee lists
- Assist ownership with employee benefit plan
- Serve as intermediary between employees and ownership regarding administrative questions
- Review new hire paperwork with new hires, facilitate the creation of various digital accounts and services such as scheduling, payroll access, and timekeeping credentials.
Filing and Organization
- Responsible for digitizing and filing all documents, invoices, employee information, etc., daily.
- Maintain accurate vendor database in accounting and filing software
- Ensure contracts and files for A/P, Banking, Machinery, Vehicles, taxes, licenses, etc. are maintained in good order.
- Prepare company memos and notices as required
Required high proficiency of the following Software/Technology
- Be fully functional with Microsoft, WORD, EXCEL, GMAIL, QuickBooks ONLINE edition.
- Be able to pull reports together for the owners on all levels in QBO, Excel etc…
- Be computer literate with various apps and software
Qualifications for Full Charge Bookkeeper
- Strong in math and accounting
- Proficient typist as well as thorough experience in data entry
- General computer troubleshooting and operation experience
- Strict attention to detail and excellent written communication
- Detail oriented
- Must be accurate and enthusiastic
- Flexible and able to multitask and complete tasks with minimal or no supervision
- Associate degree in accounting or related field, preferred
- Certified Bookkeeper designation, preferred
- 1+ year of supervisory experience
- 7+ years of experience in a bookkeeping role
- Advanced QuickBooks ONLINE accounting and bookkeeping software experience
- Aptitude for business
- Must be comfortable meeting tight deadlines
- Experience with financial statements and tax returns a plus
- Monday to Friday Semi Part -time ( FLEXIBLE)
- Bookkeeping: 7 years (Preferred)
- QuickBooks Enterprise Desktop