Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Develops agency strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to agency strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources goals in line with agency goals.
· Serves as a member of the agency’s Executive Management Team and General Management Team.
· Participate in the development of the agency’s annual operating plan and long-term strategic objectives.
· Provide information updates to the agency’s Board of Directors and committees, as required.
· Represent the CEO or CFO at appropriate meetings, events or activities.
· Responsible for the recruitment process for the agency including job description evaluation and all policies and procedures for posting, interviewing, applicant processing, hire approval and onboarding and affirmative action guidelines.
· Assists with the retention of employees by organizing employee training programs, leading supervisory training, leadership development and performance evaluations and total rewards statements.
· Leads the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans.
· Manages the continued development and utilization of (HRIS) for the company’s recordkeeping and management advantage.
· Develops and implements compensation programs as well as benefit evaluation and acquisition for the agency including insurance benefits, retirement benefits, worker’s compensation, unemployment and is the agency contact with the benefit vendors.
· Oversees compensation wage and salary structure, pay policies, and variable pay systems within the agency including bonuses and raises.
· Leads company compliance with all existing governmental and legal reporting requirements including any related to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the department of labor, worker compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), etc. Maintains minimal company exposure to lawsuits.
· Oversees human resources operations budget by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; take corrective measures; minimizing the impact of variances.
· Assists Executive Management Team in the development, implementation and consistent application of all human resources policy and procedures. Provides advice, counsel, and decisions, analyzing information, data and applications and using HR metrics.
· Assist all leaders with coaching and guidance to employees resolving personnel or legal problems involving staff. Responsibility of making sure counseling processes and documentation procedures are followed for compliance. Acts as the contact with the employment law attorney. Reviews, guides, and approves management recommendations for employment terminations.
· Conducts investigations for employee complaints are brought forth directly or through the Whistle Blower process. Reviews employee appeals. Assist as needed with client complaints or incident reports.
· Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values and culture.
· Supervises, trains, evaluates, and coaches Human Resources staff and receptionist.
· Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on actions necessary. Oversee HR record retention requirements under federal and state regulations and in accordance with organization policies.
· Co-Chair for safety and health. Monitors and oversees the tracking of OSHA-300 required data.
· Acts as the Campaign Chair and provides leadership for the agency internal United Way campaign.
· Performs all other duties as assigned.
· Models core culture attributes of Volunteers of America Colorado Branch that include “AIRS” (Accountability, Integrity, Respect and Service).
· Models and pursues with vigor Volunteers of America Colorado Branch three strategical critical virtues of HHS (Hungry, Humble, People Smart).
· Self-motivated and directed.
· Open to receiving and providing feedback; focused on conflict resolution.
· Human Resources Manager
· Human Resources Administrator
· Office Administrator (receptionist)
Minimum Qualifications of Position
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related area or equivalent relevant experience of 10+ years.
· Ten years direct experience in managing all aspects of a human resources department.
Preferred Qualifications of Position
· Master’s Degree in related field.
· SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP designations preferred.
· Experience in managing multiple locations.
· Not-for-profit experience.
Knowledge and Skills
· Knowledge of human resources related laws and regulations and applicable compliance.
· Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Good problem-solving skills.
· Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
· High level of competency working with Microsoft Office suite, cloud-based applications and HRIS platforms.
· Strong time-management and prioritization skills.
· Experience working both independently and, in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
2660 Larimer St
Denver, CO 80205