Centner Academy is a progressive, independent ‘happiness’ school that combines a deep commitment to emotional intelligence, mindfulness, and happiness with a challenging curriculum featuring language immersion, entrepreneurial thinking, problem solving, creativity, and collaboration. Using a strengths-based approach to learning, all Centner Academy students and teachers have opportunities to do what they love across the curriculum through project- and problem-based learning. Centner Academy’s mission is to promote:
- Happy, thriving students
- Rigorous curriculum that engages students
- Mindfulness and emotional intelligence
- Effective foreign language acquisition
- Project- and problem-based learning
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Personalized learning journeys
- Habits to optimize neurodevelopment
Centner Academy’s curriculum philosophy was developed by a team of seasoned educators to meet the needs and expectations of globally minded families. Our intention is to shape future adults who are not only confident and poised to succeed, but who also have the character and skills needed to make the world a better, kinder, and more loving place for all.
Centner Academy is seeking an energetic and creative Preschool Assistant Teacher to join its growing faculty for the 2021-2022 school year. Please indicate your position(s) of interest in your cover letter. Must be comfortable being in person on campus with students. Shifts will be 8 hours daily.
- Work with teaching team in all activities, including but not limited to diapering, toilet training and record keeping.
- Share responsibility in the preparation of Daily Plans and the preparation of teaching materials.
- Conduct daily small-group activities for an assigned group of children, sharing responsibility for large-group activities and using appropriate adult/child interactions strategies with all children.
- Assume responsibility for a classroom at any given time.
- Collects required information for ongoing assessments.
- Observe and/or participate in parent-teacher conferences.
- Provide coverage for breaks for other staff members.
- Supervise daily lunch, playground activities, and field trips.
- Promote individualized attention for children by freeing teachers from routine duties.
- Be responsible at all times for the supervision of students in your care during classes and for students generally at all times when on campus or off campus.
- Provide weekly coverage for recess, lunch and arrival/dismissal duties.
- Participate in required non-classroom activities, including Back to School Night(s), parent/student conferences, retreats, faculty and Centner meetings, field trips, and special activities and performance events.
- Develop and maintain professional, collaborative, and collegial relationships with faculty and staff, as well as with community partners to the benefit of students and classes.
- Support the work of the Principal and administrative leadership team.
- Help to maintain school policies, regulations, and expectations.
- Fulfill other responsibilities as assigned by the Centner administration.
Essential skills and experience
- High School diploma or equivalent is required. An Associate Degree or higher in Early Childhood Education is preferred.
- At least two years of experience teaching prekindergarten/kindergarten students.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Deep dedication to learning and developing as an educator.
- Collaborative work style paired with the ability to take initiative.
- Strong classroom management skills and expertise in differentiating instruction.
Nonessential skills and experience
- Ability to assume needed duties and responsibilities without supervision.
- Ability to use discretion in communications with parents in the Teacher’s absence.
- Ability to move and react quickly and handle emergencies effectively.
- Strong analytical abilities and enthusiasm for data-driven instruction.
- Very resourceful and adaptive, eager to embrace change, growth, and learning.
- Experience working closely with diverse families.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume. Please also provide professional references (name and full contact information) with application. Compensation is competitive and based on experience. This is a year-round position. Staff training often occurs in summer months. Centner Academy does not mandate the Covid-19 vaccine.
Centner Academy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to welcoming and celebrating a diverse student and faculty population. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is the policy of the school that employment decisions for all applicants and employees will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other characteristics protected under local, state or federal law. No employee will be retaliated against for raising concerns under this policy. We seek each employee’s contribution and assistance in helping us maintain equal employment opportunity.