Do you want to work for a company that still has that small, family feel, even though it’s growing at a sustainable rate? Do you want to work where the team leaders are 100% approachable? Do you want to work where your thoughts, observations, and opinions are welcomed and appreciated? Does an average length of employment well over 20 years because the environment is pleasant, productive, and positive appeal to you?
Rubb Building Systems is a growing Southern Maine building manufacturer located in Sanford, Maine, adjacent to the airport. In our industry we produce and install some of the finest steel-framed fabric-clad buildings in the world. Our customers are impressive, ranging from small businesses to the largest corporations across the globe. Aircraft hangars, large open-span industrial facilities, Sport and Fitness facilities, and small additions to existing buildings are all part of what we design, fabricate, and install. You can see many of our buildings along the Portland, Maine waterfront as you traverse the Veteran’s Memorial Bridge. Our employees and leaders are proud of what we produce and have produced since 1983.
We are seeking outstanding building service technicians to be involved in all aspects of the company’s steel and fabric fabrication building service, focusing on excellence in detail and accuracy with both safety and proficiency foremost in mind.
- Report to Service Manager
- Conduct building inspections
- Write detailed reports of inspections
- Heat weld PVC fabric
- Tension PVC fabric
- Tighten nuts/bolts
- Install/replace aluminum strips
- Install/replace base sealing angle
- Install/replace metal cladding
- Install/replace / inspect vent steel/fans
- Install/replace / inspect personnel doors
- Install/replace/inspect roller shutter doors
- Operate scissor lifts
- Operate boom lifts
- Operate forklifts
- Install PVC cladding
- Erect Rubb structures
- Disassemble Rubb structures
- Walk roof tops upwards of 60’ at times
- Work with power tools daily
- Travel in the U.S. and out of U.S.
- Travel short /long distances (National and International)
- Interact positively with customers and all site personnel
- Spend considerable time working from lifts and/or ladders
- Ability/willingness to work overtime and travel
- Have a desire to learn
- All other duties as assigned
- Experience that would be considered a plus - service technician - construction
- Physically demanding position, stamina required.
- Lift, carry, push, and/or pull 1 – 70lbs frequently.
- Squat/kneel, bend/stoop, twist/turn, grasp/reach overhead and outward frequently.
- Ability to work in a fast paced industrial environment while wearing vision and hearing protection, steel toed shoes, gloves and any other required protective equipment.
- Full-time position
- Starting pay range $19-21 hour; with post-training increase(s) based upon performance
- 30, 60, 90-day performance reviews
- 6 month performance review
- Long term sales and profit incentives
- Rubb offers a competitive salary and 401(k), health/dental insurance, company paid life insurance & short term and long term disability insurance, paid vacation, and more.
Rubb is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. MHAV17. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background investigation and pre-placement physical.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $21.00 per hour
In-person interviews are conducted using an average of 10 ft. physical distancing in a much larger than average room.