Medical Assistant (Certified preferred)
The medical assistant provides direct patient care and assists the physicians with organization and communication. Together we provide comprehensive, personalized care that cultivates lasting health.
Why you’ll love this job: Our clinic is small, personal, and passionate. We strive to provide true healing to patients and treat the root causes of illness. Stretch your clinical skill set beyond the ordinary into the expanded scope of an integrative medicine practice.
- Assist physicians with patient care in an integrative medicine clinic
- 2 naturopathic physicians, 1.5 FTE
- Two independent allied practices: Sage Health Center and Cascade Cancer Care.
- Primary care, oncology, acupuncture, and bodywork
- Midtown clinic location at 403 NE Franklin Ave, Bend, OR 97701
- Schedule: earliest 8:00am-5:30 pm latest, M-F. Full time and part time position available. Full time position is 38-40 hours weekly average.
- Employer Sage Health Center. Primary manager Dr Natasha Rudd. Secondary Manager Dr Katherine Neubauer.
- Perform vitals.
- Review and document patient medications, supplements, allergies, chief complaints, and review of systems.
- Triage and chart clinical patient questions. Call patients to check in on treatment plan adherence and response. Answer patient questions about treatment plans, as per physician instruction
- Explain treatment plans to patients.
- Remove acupuncture needles. Administer medical device therapies (eg low level laser, transcranial electrical stimulation, microcurrent, etc)
- Administer intramuscular, subcutaneous, and transdermal injections. Educate patients in self-administration of injections and use of a sharps container.
- Perform phlebotomy and process lab samples. Stock and manage laboratory supplies. Fill out lab requisitions and explain lab orders and kits to patients.
- Mix and label custom tinctures and homeopathics as per physician order.
- Set up and change over treatment rooms.
- Manage stock of medical equipment and supplies.
- Light cleaning such as wiping down surfaces, taking out trash, laundry, sweeping, and vacuuming. Biohazard waste removal. Additional cleaning before and after patients for basic infection prevention.
Administrative duties as needed to provide break, lunch, and time-off coverage for the clinic manager.
These administrative duties include:
- Answer phones and greet patients. Treat all patients and vendors as valued guests.
- Schedule patient appointments. Manage clinic schedule for optimal efficiency.
- Respond to emails, patient portal messages, and tasks in EMR.
- Prepare EMR charts to ensure an efficient visit. Check that all requested lab, imaging, referral, medical record, billing, and demographic information is up-to-date.
- Verify insurance. Collect copays. Explain insurance benefits to patients.
- File, order, and send medical records.
- Check patients in and out. Take payments using Quickbooks.
- Process lab, imaging, and referral orders.
- Update patient information in EMR including demographics and insurance
Experience and Expertise
- Healthcare work experience required. Prefer at least 1 year previous medical assistant experience in a clinic that used EMR and took insurance. Willing to train a hard-working and motivated candidate.
- Prefer experience in taking vital signs, venipuncture, and injections
- Strong computer skills. Ability to use multiple software programs while assisting a patient.
- Quickbooks experience desirable
- Prefer current CPR certification. Current health records with the appropriate immunization to work in the health care field (Hepatitis B vaccine/titer, negative Tuberculosis test).
- MA certification through AMT or AAMA desirable.
- Offer contingent on passage of background check, drug screen.
Competitive wage and benefits package DOE. FT position benefits include IRA with employer match, paid time off, paid holidays, and an employee discount program.
Our team purchases health insurance at competitive rates on the ACA exchange. Click here for a premium calculator. (Link to https://www.kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/)
Include your resume, a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, and at least 2-3 references with contact information (email, direct phone number), company and title, and specified relationship (former supervisor, current coworker, etc.)
Our clinic offers a collaborative work environment, training and development opportunities, and competitive pay. We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions and evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran’s status, gender, sexual orientation, or vaccine status. Employment offer is contingent upon passing a drug screen and criminal background check.