Full Job Description
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIFE OF A CHILD!
$30,000+ PLUS 3 BONUSES YOUR FIRST YEAR !!
BONUS AT 90 DAYS!! ($500) BONUS AT 6 MONTHS!! ($750)
FULL AND PART TIME POSITIONS OPEN.
Be a mentor, coach, role model and guide as you lead a small group of students through a day filled with adventure and rich in opportunities to learn and grow. Guide your group in the completion of outdoor/experiential activities and group games. Coach your team as they experience the value of fair play and sportsmanship via a wide variety of intramural athletic programming. Role model the importance of experiencing joy in each day. Mentor students to develop essential and effective daily living skills.
- Be a member of a high-performing and dynamic team of adults responsible for creating and ensuring innovative strategies to create meaningful change in the life of a child.
- Provide leadership and direction to students while challenging them to perform at peak levels as they engage in successful completion of the days’ activities.
- Ensure the completion of planning, implementing, and evaluating daily activity plans.
- Assist students in improving academic performance.
- Role model and implement effective problem-solving skills and strategies for overcoming challenges to successful living.
- Coach a team of students in the skills required to enhance individual and team performance in intramural athletic events such as, basketball, flag football, softball, volleyball, etc.
- Challenge students to experience the benefits of self-discovery and effective inter-personal skills by facilitating experiential activities and adventure games.
- Maintain a positive peer culture and encourage the development of pro-social group dynamics.
- Assess, re-direct and mentor students in the development and enhancement of pro-social skills.
- Document daily progress as an integral member of our team.
- Teacher/Counselor Assistant requires a high school diploma or equivalent ($12.00/hour to $12.50/hour after 90 days and training on Supportive Counseling)
- Teacher/Counselors must require a 4 year Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have a valid WV Driver’s License
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check (One misdemeanor allowed)
- Health Insurance Program
- Free Life Insurance
- Free Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401k Plan With Company Vested Funding
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- New Hire Incentive – Refer a friend and earn $500!
- Annual Raises Based on Performance
- Annual Longevity Bonus
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation your first year !!
LET YOUR ADVENTURE BEGIN by joining the team at Academy Programs where we “change lives through innovative strategies”.