ControllerThe Nfluence Network, Inc.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Controller to join our team at The Nfluence Network. As the Controller, you will play a key role in overseeing the financial management and strategic planning of the organization. You will be responsible for managing day-to-day accounting activities, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll processing, financial operations, implementing financial policies, and providing analysis and insights to support decision-making and organizational growth.
The candidate should be able to prepare and analyze financial reports, budgets, and forecasts to provide the senior leadership team with the data necessary to make informed decisions. This candidate will be critical in managing the financial operations and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements. This position requires a detail-oriented individual with strong financial acumen and a commitment to the mission and values of the ministry.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; CPA designation preferred.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Controller or similar role in a nonprofit organization or comparable setting.
· Strong understanding of GAAP and non-profit accounting principles, regulations, and reporting requirements.
· Proficiency in accounting software (e.g., QuickBooks, NetSuite) and Microsoft Excel.
· Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret financial data and communicate insights effectively.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities with a track record of building and motivating high-performing teams.
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
· Commitment to the mission and values of [Faith-Based Nonprofit Organization].
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Act as strategic business partner to senior executive leadership team.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information.
- Evaluate departments and make suggestion for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
- Communicate, engage and interact with CEO, COO and Executive Leadership Team.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Interact with and bring departments into line with Board of Directors plans initiatives and recommendations.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by senior leadership team.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports; monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow by division.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Manage financial planning and analysis department.
- Participate in weekly conference calls/meetings with vendors and Executive Leadership Team.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, SOX compliance and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for donors, foundations, investors and company’s Board of Directors.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
- Ensure SOX compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Coordinate and strategize methods used to attain team goals with Chief Financial Officer
- Ensure compliance with all applicable financial regulations, including tax laws and reporting requirements for non-profit organizations.
- Conduct periodic reviews and audits to monitor compliance with internal controls and identify areas for improvement.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management area.
- Maintain outstanding relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Controller experience
- Non-Profit Experience
We prioritize the well-being and happiness of our employees. We understand that a positive work environment and comprehensive benefits play a crucial role in fostering a culture of success, satisfaction, and growth. That's why we are proud to offer the following benefits to our valued team members:
1. Paid Time Off (PTO)
2. Health Insurance
3. Company-Matched IRA
4. Positive Work Environment
5. Employee assistance program (EAP) for counseling and support services.
6. Wellness programs and initiatives to promote physical and mental well-being.
7. Flexible work arrangements, such as partial remote work options and flexible hours.
8. Company-sponsored social events and team outings to build camaraderie and morale.
How to Apply:
1. Click on the following link to access the job application form: Click here.
2. Review the job description and qualifications carefully to ensure your skills and experience align with the requirements of the position.
3. Complete all required fields on the application form. Be sure to provide accurate and up-to-date information, including your contact details, work history, and education.
4. Upload your resume and any other relevant documents (e.g., cover letter, portfolio) as instructed on the application form. Ensure your documents are in the specified file format (e.g., PDF, Word).
5. Double-check your application for any errors or missing information before submitting. Once submitted, you may not be able to make changes.
6. After submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation email acknowledging receipt of your application. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 2 days, please contact us at [email protected], or call 574-247-9800 for assistance.
Our hiring team will review your application and contact you directly if your qualifications meet our needs and requirements.