Jr. Davis Construction Company Inc. builds roads, bridges and highways that connect our communities! We are seeking passionate individuals eager to apply their skills to take their career to the next level. Jr. Davis Construction Company Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual with a strong work ethic to fill the position of Heavy Truck/Diesel Mechanic. This individual will be responsible for performing preventative maintenance and repairs on heavy trucks and equipment, as well as diagnosing and repairing diesel/gas engines and heavy equipment. JDC is one of the largest heavy highway and civil construction firms in the state with over 900 employees, while still retaining a family business atmosphere. We’ll respect your hard work and treat you like family.
COMPENSATION: Based on experience. Our OJT (On the Job Training) will allow you to move up in our company as your skill set expands.
- Minimum of 2 years as heavy duty/diesel mechanic required
- Must have a safety first attitude. Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures is required.
- Diagnose and repair heavy trucks and perform preventative maintenance tasks
- Repair and adjust gas and diesel engines
- Repair drive trains, electrical systems and components
- Repair and modify hydraulic systems and their components
- Identify and solve mechanical and electrical issues: services, motors, lights, air brakes, etc.
- Must be able to use diagnostic equipment to isolate mechanical failure and troubleshoot
- Operate vehicles to diagnose problems and to check if the vehicle is repaired
- Complete reports, work orders, order parts and perform other administrative duties
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs; frequently list and carry 25 hours
- Bend, twist, kneel, squat, reach, push and pull
- Maintain excellent attendance
- Ability to work as part of a team
Knowledge & Skills:
- A High School diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
- Ability to listen, follow directions, and have a willingness to continue to enhance skills.
Join the Team! At JDC, we believe that our employees are the reason for our success. JDC provides rewarding and challenging careers, encourages professional growth and strives to help each employee achieve their full potential.
Company Benefits: We don’t just want to tell employees we care about them; we show it. That’s why we offer a comprehensive and competitive package to our employees:
- Competitive pay rates
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Voluntary life
- Supplemental insurances
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- On-the-job training and skill development
- Complementary Wellness Clinic services
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!
At JDC/S&L, we promote a drug-free workplace environment and we pride ourselves on being an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.