Jr. Davis Construction Company Inc. builds roads, bridges and highways that connect our communities! We are seeking passionate individuals eager to apply their skills to take their career to the next level. JDC is one of the largest heavy highway and civil construction firms in the state with over 900 employees, while still retaining a family business atmosphere. We’ll respect your hard work and treat you like family.
- Measuring and finishing grade stakes, pipe laying, drives stakes, and stretches tight line.
- Knowledge of utilizing power tools: Bolts, nails, aligns, and block up under forms.
- Signals operators of construction or asphalt equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
- Using picks, shovels and rakes to level earth or asphalt to grade specifications.
- Mixes concrete apply caulking, as needed.
- Sawing lumber, dismantling forms, removing projections from concrete, and mounting pipe hangers.
- Efficient at multi-tasking and working under short time constraints.
- Assure that all safety and quality measures are taken.
- Coordinate with others including subcontractors, trucking and plant managers.
- Hand’s on – efficiently operate heavy equipment that applies to grading .
- Supervise and train crew members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ recent years’ experience working as a Grade laborer.
- 2+ years of proven Grading experience.
- Ability to work in outside weather conditions.
- Spread/level dirt, gravel/stone to rough and fine grade/elevation.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Strong commitment to quality, safety and customer satisfaction.
- Must have a safety first attitude. Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures is required.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
Knowledge & Skills:
- OSHA safety and environmental regulation compliance.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
Join the Team! At JDC, we believe that our employees are the reason for our success. JDC provides rewarding and challenging careers, encourages professional growth and strives to help each employee achieve their full potential.
Company Benefits: We don’t just want to tell employees we care about them; we show it. That’s why we offer a comprehensive and competitive package to our employees:
- Competitive pay rates
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Voluntary life
- Supplemental insurances
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- On-the-job training and skill development
- Complementary Wellness Clinic services
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!
At JDC, we promote a drug-free workplace environment and we pride ourselves on being an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.