Job Title: Sourcing & Buyer Leader
Revision Date: 4/01/2022
Manager: General Manager, Global Supply Chain
The Sourcing & Buyer Leader will develop, plan and execute sourcing strategies and purchase materials for assigned commodities (E.g. Contract Manufacturing, Mirror, Frames, Metal, Metal Fabrication, Aluminum & Plastic Extrusion, Films, Consumables, Supplies & Electronics) obtaining the most advantageous combination of price, quality, delivery, and other supplier services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops sourcing strategy by identifying, qualifying and managing new/existing suppliers to meet design needs.
- Purchases materials and supplies following established purchasing policies and procedures while optimizing price, delivery, and terms.
- Uses MRP system, Kanban stocking flags and other tools working with cross functional teams to ensure adequate inventory levels of materials are available to meet internal and external customer demands.
- Enters and releases purchase orders in MRP system.
- Manages and oversees MRP supplier maintenance and item maintenance modules for on-time delivery for assigned commodities including maintaining fields to accurately flow information appropriately to production schedule and costing modules
- Manages flow of materials that ensures no interruptions of routine flow of materials that would otherwise interfere with planned production schedules and shut down production activities causing loss of revenue
- Support requests-for-quote per design inputs while optimizing price, delivery, performance and terms.
- Develop and executes TCO (Total Cost Out) opportunities within assigned commodities.
- Consults with contract manufacturers and suppliers to obtain product price, availability, and delivery schedule. Negotiates with suppliers
- Executes where needed non-disclosure agreement, supply agreements and warranty terms with suppliers
- Monitors outside market trends to determine and mitigate risks in commodity pricing
- Manages & Executes improved payment terms with assigned suppliers.
- Assists with timely return of rejected materials, communication and implementation of supplier corrective action.
- Sourcing and or Buyer role with 2 years’ experience
- Undergraduate or associate Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or equivalent preferred.
- Able to interrupt drawings, bill-of-materials, standard work instructions, and packing requirements
- Strong individual contributor role with analytical skills, with excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to be a liaison between engineering, sales/estimating, manufacturing, vendors, and customers. Provides status reports for assigned projects.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Project Management and MRP/ERP Systems.
To be successful in the role this individual must be able to work in a face paced environment and be able to change direction quickly. Performs additional duties and assignments, as required.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.